We are looking for a Business Operations Manager to join the Technology Enabled Services Business Operations team. This is an exciting opportunity to manage our critical business partnerships through forecasting, data analysis, modeling, and project management. This role will give you the chance to work consultatively with business leaders across the Operations Division to lead projects that drive improved visibility and operating efficiency into Operations BPO / service vendor relationships. You will do this by partnering with team members and business leaders to diagnose business needs and opportunities pertaining to athenas partners. You will then work individually and collaboratively to produce the analysis, tools, and deliverables necessary to meet those needs. Projects will deal with forecasting, process and resource optimization, variance analysis, and evidence gathering. But enough about us; lets talk about you!
You consider yourself to be highly analytical, independent, and a curious team-player. You are excited to explore data and identify meaningful trends. You enjoy adding value by building sustainable user-friendly tools to solve business problems. Youve demonstrated past success by using your analysis skills to produce business results, or to surface key insights to leaders. You thrive in a dynamic, fast-paced, entrepreneurial, and fluid environment and can adapt as different challenges are thrown your way.
The Team: The Business Operations Team enables Operations divisional leadership with the vision, tools, and governance leadership necessary to develop, execute, and consistently manage effective strategic service partner strategies.
- Identify business needs and problems and craft projects designed to solve them
- Maintain ownership of financial and forecasting elements of partnerships across multiple TES lines of business
- Monitor division spending and savings initiatives
- Exercise judgment to identify relevant inputs and stakeholders in developing analysis
- Proactively leverage existing resources (models, contracts, data sources) to support analyses, and recognize when a need for new data or input exists
- Exercise judgment to break down proposed solutions to business problems into actionable analysis activities and projects
- Execute on data analysis tasks by identifying required data sources, collecting, aggregating, and performing analysis, with a strong focus on forecasting
- Maintain relationships with external stakeholders and collaborate with these partners to drive value
- Maintaining existing tools and business critical functions
- Independently manage your analysis by planning, prioritizing, and delivering work timely at a high-quality standard
- Strong willingness and aptitude for learning new concepts
- Anticipate risks and obstacles to projects and analysis
- Present findings and analysis to leaders at the Director, Executive Director, and Vice President level
- Collaborate across Operations leadership, athena stakeholder groups, and vendors (as relevant) to identify opportunities to improve operating outcomes (quality and / or financial performance) through process, reporting, strategy, and other levers Identify stakeholders defining program / project roles and responsibilities, effectively set and manage expectations of stakeholders Actively manage program / project dependencies, stakeholder expectations, and issues and risks associated with execution.
- Bachelors Degree of Arts or Science
- 3-5+ years of relevant professional experience
- Proactive attitude
- Ability to initiate projects and drive them to completion
- Working with complex data sets, identifying trends, patterns, and key characteristics
- Strong analytical skills and experience working with large datasets
- Proficiency in SQL is a plus
- Advanced Microsoft Excel skills and ability to construct operational / financial models required
- Data visualization capability a plus
- Superior analytical, organizational, and prioritization skills
- Working knowledge of healthcare revenue cycle management is a plus
- Familiarity with finance and accounting concepts
- Attention to detail and accuracy
- Presentation skills suitable to read out to superiors
- Our Vision: To create a thriving ecosystem that delivers accessible, high-quality, and sustainable healthcare for all.
- Our Location: This role is based in Watertown, MA, just a few miles outside of Boston. Watertown is our Global Headquarters and our campus, the Arsenal on the Charles, is home to several restaurants, a local gym and large outdoor space. This office also has a cafeteria, coffee caf and food trucks that rotate every day.
- Our Culture: At athenahealth, our employees (or athenistas) are committed to making healthcare smarter. Our success is dependent on the diversity, collective spirit, and contributions of our people, clients and partners. We value teamwork and believe that the strength of our team comes from supporting each other and leveraging our specialized skills. If you are looking for a company that will enable you to work outside of your comfort zone to transform the healthcare ecosystem, athenahealth is the place for you.
- Our Perks: Along with health & financial benefits, our athenistas are offered a variety of perks that promote employee wellbeing such as commuter support, collaborative workspaces and dog-friendly offices - just to name a few.