Business Operations Intern
This is a 15-20 hours/week internship located out of our Boston HQ
The business operations function is the oil that keeps the business engine running (and constantly growing!) at Rapid7. This is a great opportunity to apply your education to real-life, competitive, business decision making scenarios in the tech industry. You will have the opportunity to build your resume and get exposure to the best and brightest in the industry in a cross-functional role at an International tech company.
Enough about us... Let's talk about you!
You are looking for a 15-20 hours/week internship starting with us in January 2019. You are an analytic, energetic team player who's excited to help us drive business insights and contribute to helping shape our ever-changing business in supporting all aspects of the customer post-sale process from onboarding to Rapid7 through to renewal transaction. You are ready for a highly cross functional role and you will gain experience working with customer success managers, customer experience managers, finance, business intelligence, sales as well as operations and leadership.
Day to day responsibilities may include, but not limited to:
- Working with management to build analyses and supporting data sets to drive exposure into key business projects.
- Assisting with reporting on the health of the business and key metrics for success.
- Partnering with the Business Intelligence team to develop and refine operational dashboards and proactively monitor KPIs to provide insights to our leadership team.
- Working with business intelligence and customer success management to drive the onboarding process and provide new hires with visibility into their new accounts.
- Leading process improvement and problem solving initiative to remove friction for customers in migration and renewals processes.
Required Skills and Experience
- Pursuing an undergraduate or graduate (MBA) degree or recent graduate
- Strong analytical and math skills, attention to detail, and professional verbal and written communication skills
- An energetic and proactive attitude with an inclination to always be learning
- Able to work cross-functionally and partner with
- Able to prioritize and handle multiple projects, while staying very organized
- Proficiency of Microsoft Excel and working with large datasets
- Bonus: experience using CRM and BI tools (Salesforce, DOMO, NetSuite)