Office Tour Photos
Who We Are:
The Design and Research Strategy & Ops team is here to make Design and Research hum.
Hum is the sound of teams fully immersed in a feeling of energized focus, full involvement, and enjoyment. It’s the sound of clarity, creativity, efficiency, productivity and collaboration. It’s the sound we live for. We make Design & Research hum by creating the conditions for designers and researchers to do great work.
Who You Are:
Twitter is seeking a Business Operations Coordinator to help support the growing Design and Research team. This person will work closely and collaboratively with internal stakeholders across Design, Research, Procurement, Sourcing, Finance, and Legal teams, as well as external stakeholders such as Design and Research agencies and independent contractors.
The ideal candidate is a self-starter and independent thinker with strong communication and organization skills, excellent attention to detail and accuracy, and ability to effortlessly work on multiple workstreams concurrently.
This position can be filled from SF / NYC / Atlanta / Boulder, and will report to the Director of Strategy & Ops, Design & Research, based in SF.
Role & Responsibilities
- Create procurement dashboard to provide visibility into procurement process
- Manage entire procurement pipeline, including requesting quotes, creating requests for Purchase Orders, tracking JIRA tickets
- Provide procurement status updates to all relevant stakeholders in a timely manner
- Educate internal and external stakeholders on Twitter procurement process so they know what to expect and can plan accordingly
- Anticipate and try to prevent procurement roadblocks and delays before they happen
- Reduce surprises
- Create a budget tracker that is easily accessible and understandable by all
- Manage team budgets, and provide weekly status reporting updates to leadership
- Advise on budget forecasting and planning
- Serve as point of contact for finance, legal, accounting and sourcing / procurement
- Partner with legal team to ensure that legal contracts are executed
- Ensure that the information you manage is complete, current, accurate, and easy
- to find
- Serve as point of contact for all procurement and budget needs of the team
- Maintain team vendor list include use cases and quality
- Partner with vendor security to ensure appropriate safeguards in place with third parties
- Partner with vendor management team to deliver feedback to vendors in quarterly business reviews
- Experience working in a creative agency and/or tech company a plus
- Proficient in Microsoft Suite and Google Mail/Drive/Calendar/Sheets
- Working knowledge of project management and communication tools such as JIRA
- and Slack
- Knowledge/understanding of general business terms for contract review
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and execute multiple projects with competing priorities
Skills & Knowledge
- Sound administrative, business, organizational and time management skills
- Excellent accounting skills and attention to detail
- Proven ability to translate business and accounting jargon into simple and easy-to-understand language
- Strong communication skills, an expert at keeping all stakeholders informed and up-to-date
- Proven ability to prioritize and manage stakeholder expectations
- Ability to work well with all levels of internal management and staff, outside clients, and vendors
- A calm personality under pressure
- Sensitivity to confidential matters may be required
We are committed to an inclusive and diverse Twitter. Twitter is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based on race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, national origin, religion, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, disability, veteran status, genetic information, marital status or any legally protected status.
San Francisco applicants: Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
After you apply, a recruiter may reach out to you for an introductory call.
If your background is a match for the role, you may phone interview with 1-2 people.
If you continue through the process, you will come onsite 1-2 times to interview with a total of 5-10 people.
More Jobs From