Business Operations Analyst
The Senior Sales Compensation Analyst helps drive greater efficiency and productivity in TripAdvisors global sales organization by owning and continuously improving how TripAdvisor sets sales targets (quotas) and calculates sales attainment.
This high-impact, highly visible role owns critical business processes relating to sales incentives. The ideal candidate will quickly take ownership for a handful of business processes, become the expert, and then drive innovations that improve how we focus, incent, and reward Sales.
What you'll do:
- Sales Target Creation and Assignment:
- Work closely with regional Sales Directors and create rep-level targets for revenue acquisition and retention, with associated account assignments
- Balance a robust and repeatable process with one that accommodates the nuances of a global go-to-market effort: language constraints, multi-account ownership groups, etc.
- Ensure that targets align with and mitigate risks to the corporate plan, provide strong incentives for sales productivity, and are well-understood by reps and manager
- Sales Incentive Management:
- Monitor rep performance and attainment, proactively surfacing potential exceptions to TripAdvisors incentive policies
- Build tools (dashboards, reports, etc.) to provide the organization and its sellers with accurate, timely visibility into performance and potential earnings
- Identify and propose upstream solutions to recurring issues, and work with management to continuously improve TripAdvisors sales incentive business processes
- Reporting and Analysis:
- Model expense scenarios under various incentive plans to inform plan design
- Prepare reports and Salesforce.com / Tableau dashboards as required to meet business needs
- Maintain dashboards and metrics related to key Sales Operations business processes (e.g., territory management, incentives, lead flow)
- Other activities as required by the business to support and improve Business Operations
- Reports to the Director, Business Operations
What you'll bring to the team:
The Business Operations Analyst is creative, analytical, and detail-oriented. He or she will be a positive and solution-oriented partner for stakeholders in Sales Management, Sales Analytics, Finance, HR, and other groups.
- At least 4 years professional experience
- Excellent MS Excel skills; basic SQL skills (and/or eagerness to develop and expand skills)
- Demonstrated professional maturity and ability to work well with diverse stakeholders
- Excellent attention to detail and strong organizational skills
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment that rewards a creative, hands-on approach
In addition, the right candidate will demonstrate the following competencies:
- Absolute integrity and strong personal and professional ethics
- Respect for colleagues and partners; must work well in a matrix environment
- Recognition of own strengths and weaknesses, and continuous pursuit of feedback and self-development
- Strong sense of urgency and personal accountability for results
- Flexibility and openness to change; ability to make decisions with incomplete or ambiguous information
- Sound business judgment and ability to make tradeoffs and prioritization decisions that help the business