A bit about us:
Were on a mission to change healthcare how its paid for, delivered, experienced. We want to put people center stage, not process or profit. We are guided by a deep belief that every person on Medicare should be treated like we would treat a member of our own family: with loving care and a profound commitment to their health and well-being.
Thats why were gathering a whole bunch of smart, big-hearted people to create a new kind of healthcare company one that combines compassion, health insurance, clinical care, and technology seamlessly.
"We want to partner with people we love for a cause we believe in. Life is short. Join us."
A bit about this role:
We cant transform health care for Americas seniors alone. It requires coordination and data exchange within the healthcare supply chain. As a Business Operations Analyst, you will be joining our growing Correspondence Operations Team accountable for the performance management, process improvement, and data exchange with correspondence vendors. In your role, you will collaborate with vendors and internal teams to support, develop and enhance solutions to improve the members overall experience in corresponding with Devoted.
Responsibilities will include:
- Monitor overall performance, quality, speed, and health of all correspondence channels and related vendors
- Perform root cause analysis and design solutions for complex problems, leveraging SQL and other tools
- Create and maintain technical documentation
- Collaborate, coordinate, and communicate across disciplines and departments
- Deep dive into complex operational workflows to optimize end-to-end process with integration technology
- Use access to data and personal observation to identify potential process improvement opportunities
Attributes to success:
- You are highly collaborative and are comfortable at the intersection of Operations and Technology
- You are a roll up your sleeves and jump right in kind of person
- You are curious, resourceful, and excited about finding innovative solutions to complex problems
- You are comfortable with ambiguity and a startup environment
- You are a compassionate and mission-driven person and have a deep desire to make US healthcare better
- Curiosity to recognize process deficiencies, recommend improvements and implement solutions.
- Flexibility and willingness to change according to business needs
- Highly organized and detail-driven
Desired skills and experience:
- 2-4 years of professional experience
- 1-2 years in analytical, operational, or project management-type roles
- Strong attention to detail
- Resourcefulness and ability to find solutions in ambiguous situations
- Multitasking and effective prioritization of critical tasks and conflicting requirements
- Familiarity with analytical tools, such as spreadsheets, business intelligence applications, and SQL
- Ability to work independently and as a member of a team
- Ability to work cross-functionally with a variety of teams
- Skilled in project and stakeholder management
- Healthcare experience a plus
- Operations experience a plus
Healthcare equality is at the center of Devoteds mission to treat our members like family. We are committed to a diverse and vibrant workforce. If you lack a specific credential for this position but believe that your strengths and life experiences will propel our mission, we would love to hear from you.
If you love running towards complex challenges and transforming them into solutions, if you want to make a potentially huge impact on many lives, and if you are looking for a disruptive startup with an inspiring and talented team, Devoted Health may be the place for you!
Devoted is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to a safe and supportive work environment in which all employees have the opportunity to participate and contribute to the success of the business. We value diversity and collaboration. Individuals are respected for their skills, experience, and unique perspectives. This commitment is embodied in Devoteds Code of Conduct, our company values and the way we do business.
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, the Company does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy status, marital status, national origin, disability, age, sexual orientation, veteran status, genetic information, gender identity, gender expression, or any other factor prohibited by law. Our management team is dedicated to this policy with respect to recruitment, hiring, placement, promotion, transfer, training, compensation, benefits, employee activities and general treatment during employment.