We are looking for a Senior Analytics Associate to join our Technology Enabled Services Business Intelligence team. Our team provides athena business leaders with insight into the efficacy of the critical services we deliver on behalf of our clients. These actionable insights enable a systemic improvement in the overall performance of our service delivery. When we create a new insight that improves our delivery, there is an opportunity for a significant impact on our clients - removing noise and freeing them to do what matters: delivering patient care. But enough about us; lets talk about you!
You are a curious teammate, someone who loves to explore, learn, and use data to make things better. You are excited to frame business problems, dig through data to find solutions, and then craft compelling visualizations to bring your findings to life. You help others in the business understand the story the data tells. We work closely with partners across the business, so your ability to collaborate with multiple teams is also important.
The Team: We are passionate about creating visibility into business performance, telling an actionable story, and helping business teams drive impact for athena and most importantly, our provider customers. We use an agile-based framework to execute our work and ensure we are always focused on the most important and impactful needs of the business. Technology-wise, we increasingly live in the cloud using Snowflake, Tableau, Power BI, and other tools for loading, extracting, transforming, and visualizing our data to provide solutions.
- Pull data from a variety of sources to provide visibility into performance, deliver in an actionable format, and ensure data quality/integrity
- Develop the back-end and/or front-end components of tools and visualizations that surface insight into the health of our operational processes; build root cause drill-in reports
- Consult with partners to define the success of initiatives by aligning business objectives with existing metrics or newly proposed metrics
- Independently follow BI best practices in assigned work.
- 2-4 years of professional work experience in a data analytics environment
- Experience extracting data from relational databases; Oracle SQL and SnowSQL a plus
- Experience with at least one data-extraction, scripting, and/or programming language (e.g., SQL, R, Python)
- Familiarity with Data Visualization/BI Tools, such as Tableau, Microsoft Power BI, and/or Google Analytics
- Our Vision: To create a thriving ecosystem that delivers accessible, high-quality, and sustainable healthcare for all.
- Our Location: This role is based in Watertown, MA, just a few miles outside of Boston. Watertown is our Global Headquarters and our campus, the Arsenal on the Charles, is home to several restaurants, a local gym and large outdoor space. This office also has a cafeteria, coffee caf and food trucks that rotate every day.
- Our Culture: At athenahealth, our employees (or athenistas) are committed to making healthcare smarter. Our success is dependent on the diversity, collective spirit, and contributions of our people, clients and partners. We value teamwork and believe that the strength of our team comes from supporting each other and leveraging our specialized skills. If you are looking for a company that will enable you to work outside of your comfort zone to transform the healthcare ecosystem, athenahealth is the place for you.
- Our Perks: Along with health & financial benefits, our athenistas are offered a variety of perks that promote employee wellbeing such as commuter support, collaborative workspaces and dog-friendly offices - just to name a few.