Business Intelligence (BI) Engineer
Who is Virgin Pulse?
Virgin Pulse, founded as part of Sir Richard Bransons famed Virgin Group, helps organizations build employee health and wellbeing into the DNA of their corporate cultures. As the only company to deliver a powerful, mobile-first digital platform infused with live services, including coaching and biometric screenings, Virgin Pulses takes a high-tech-meets-high-touch-approach to engage employees in improving across all aspects of their health and wellbeing, every day from prevention and building a healthy lifestyle to condition and disease management to condition reversal, all while engaging users daily in building and sustaining healthy habits and behaviors. A global leader in health and wellbeing, Virgin Pulse is committed to helping change lives and businesses around the world for good so that people and organizations can thrive, together. Today, more than 3100 organizations across the globe are using Virgin Pulses solutions to improve health, employee wellbeing and engagement, reduce costs and create strong workplace cultures.
Who are our employees?
At Virgin Pulse were passionate about changing lives for good. We want to make a difference in the world by helping peoplebe healthy so they can perform at their best, every day, at work and home. Our award-winning solutions support leading employers in improving and simplifying the employee health and wellbeing journey and engaging people in all aspects of their health. But our world-class products and programs are nothing without our people the employees who design, build, promote, sell, test and perfect the latest innovations in workplace health and wellbeing. Our people are our top priority and we invest in their health and happiness. At Virgin Pulse, we have so much more than a strong, supportive company culture have a shared vision for a healthier, happier world.
Who you are.
In the role of Business Intelligence (BI) Engineer you will serve as a liaison between the internal and external business users and the Data Systems & Reporting Engineering team. The BIA will analyze and understand the data in our data warehouses in order to obtain and transform business requirements into functional specifications that result in development of both ETL and Report logic, updates of data dictionary and definitions. The BIA will analyze, understand client needs and coordinate delivery of BI solutions.
In the role of BI Engineer you will be a key member of the Data Systems & Reporting team, you will work closely with executives, data engineers, managers across the company and interact with external clients. You will help drive a data driven business.
* This position is full-time and located in our Providence, RI office. Candidates must be authorized to work in the United States.
In the role of BI Engineer you will wear many hats and your attention will be crucial in the following:
- Design, enhance, and maintain our data solutions (e.g. Reports, Dashboards) so that the information provided to business and clients is clear, efficient, trustworthy, and timely.
- Work with internal stakeholders and external clients to understand, vet and propose solutions to their data and reporting needs.
- Create reports and dashboards using technologies such as Tableau.
- Deliver data in a presentable format to provide a cohesive, logical story to key stakeholders and/or external clients.
- Identify areas for improvement, using your technical data background and understanding of data requirements.
What you bring to the team.
You love data analysis. You communicate well and love talking to executives as much as to engineers. You thrive in the details, but you are able to pull back to see the big picture. You are interested in the way operations, finance, marketing, sales departments use data to make decisions and promote our business. You want to empower people to self-service their data needs, leveraging dashboards and automation. You want our clients to trust and love our data and reporting.
- 3 or more years of relevant experience.
- TABLEAU Certificate will make you stand out!
- Ability to write well thought-out data and reporting requirements.
- Advanced/intermediate skills with SQL/ProstgreSQL
- Experience with data visualization software is a plus (e.g.Tableau).
- Knowledge of relational and multi-dimensional databases and/or data warehouse
- Ability to prioritize competing demands from various stakeholders.
- Must have attention to detail, a passion for quality, a sense of urgency, and a problem-solving mind-set.
- Experience in health and/or wellness industries a plus.
- Excellent verbal and written skills.
- BS or equivalent in a relevant field.
- Must love the Oxford comma, and understand why we love it!
Work to ensure system and data security is maintained at a high standard, ensuring the confidentiality, integrity and availability of the Virgin Pulse application is not compromised.Ensure industry best practice coding standards are adhered to in particular ensure all code developed at Virgin Pulse is free from bugs and security vulnerabilities, such as those defined and published by OWASP.
Why work here?
We believe a career should provide competitive pay and benefits, a collaborative and supportive work environment, strong employee culture and cutting-edge technology and services so many reasons to love it here.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to any protected class status.