Our fast-growing BI team is looking for a senior analyst to support our efforts in rationalizing and analyzing various data sets across our organization. We are developing analytic capabilities to support and enable the rapid growth and influence of the BI function throughout the business.
This is a critical role in our group, playing a key role in developing analytic insights to prioritize resources and champion data-driven decision making. Consumers of these insights will include cross-functional stakeholders and management, up to senior and executive leadership.
The successful candidate is analytical and possess a strong passion for developing insights, an interest in learning and developing statistical analyses, and a desire to provide information that drives a dynamic and fast-growing business. You have excellent business acumen and communication skills. You enjoy working with cross-functional partners to develop and define key business questions, BI and development teams to set up proper data structure and collection, and design analyses that answers these questions. You should be passionate about working with data, be driven to dive deep, and strive to socialize business impacts to guide the broader organization.
- IDENTIFY NEEDS & RECOMMEND SOLUTIONS: Ask the right questions, understand the business needs of cross-functional stakeholders, ideate and make recommendations for appropriate reports and analyses.
- DEVELOP DATA STRATEGY & GAIN ACCESS TO DATA: Develop strategic plans to access appropriate and necessary data sources to support analyses and gain access to data through collaboration or data generation.
- DIVE INTO DATA: Develop a comprehensive and deep understanding of the data we work with, foster learning with colleagues using analytical tools and applications to broaden data accessibility, advance our proficiency/efficiency in understanding and using the data appropriately.
- DEVELOP INTO AN EXPERT IN APPLYING METHODS: Become familiar with and adopt appropriate analytical methodologies, tools and applications to ensure relevant and impactful approaches; pursue technical training and development opportunities, strive to continuously build knowledge and skills.
- CONTRIBUTE TO BODY OF KNOWLEDGE: Develop new functional relationships; break down and explain business processes in place; explore new technologies and techniques. Share these insights with the broader team; mentor and coach junior analysts.
- PRODUCE HIGH QUALITY ANALYSES: Apply rigor in analytical design and methods, plan for data processing and querying many types of data sources, design an appropriate analysis plan, assess effective ways of presenting and delivering the results to maximize impact and interpretability, implement and/or oversee analyses from start to finish, including reporting.
- INTERPRET AND SHARE RESULTS: Communicate findings to stakeholders and functional partners, understand end-user needs and create effective communication strategies for largest business impact
- Intellectual curiosity
- Bachelor's degree in Business, Economics, Finance, Engineering, Statistics, Computer Science, Mathematics or related field, or equivalent experience
- 2+ years of relevant work experience in a business analyst/data analyst role
- Intermediate to advanced SQL
- Experience in developing requirements and formulating business metrics for reporting
- Familiarity with data visualization tools, e.g. Tableau
- Ability to display complex quantitative data in a simple, intuitive format and to present findings in a clear and concise manner
- Ability to work in a fast-paced and unstructured work environment
- Passion to learn technical tools, business processes, and develop soft skills
- Willingness to grow and adapt to changing needs of a fast growing business
- Strong project management capabilities to manage multiple project streams of varying complexity; propensity for thinking through projects in a process-oriented way
- Experience developing strong partnerships across a multi-layered and matrixed organization
- Experience working in or partnering closely with one or more business functions
- One of the following:
- Interest in diving into business processes, understanding all the action and decision points with their reasoning, and identifying areas for improvement.
- Interest and/or experience in data exploration: working in the data and with stakeholders to determine the potential use and value of a new dataset, as well as developing a data model that can deliver that value.