Car shopping is complicated. At CarGurus, we use data and technology to make it simple, giving people the tools they need to confidently find, buy, finance, or sell a car. The best part? Our work makes a real impact. Were the most-visited car-shopping site in the US and we are growing fast in our international markets. Ready to come along for the ride?
As a Business Intelligence Analyst, you will support the reporting and analytics function within the FP&A team which is responsible for the analytical rigor behind reporting, forecasting, and financial modeling, as well as driving insights to support Sales leadership and Executive decision making. This role requires a balanced focus on growth, innovation, operations, and process improvement with a unique focus on data analytics. The ideal candidate should excel at complex problem-solving and be able to strategically synthesize information from disparate data sources for a wide range of audiences. Success in this role requires an analytical mindset, curiosity, an interest in solving data problems, and the ability to translate data insights into proposed clear, logical and motivating actions.
What You'll Do:
- Support internal business leaders with weekly, monthly and quarterly operational and financial reporting
- Provide specialized ad-hoc support to enable decision-making
- Proactively identify and analyze trends related to key business metrics and share actionable insights across the organization
- Analyze the companys Monthly Recurring Revenue data and financial performance
- Collaborate with engineering and operations teams on data integrity and process improvements
Who You Are:
- 2+ years of experience in BI, Operations, FP&A or other analytical role
- Proficient with SQL
- Advanced Excel skills
- Understanding of and experience with SFDC
- Demonstrated ability in learning new reporting or BI tools (Looker experience a plus)
- Comfortable with complex interconnected logic and ambiguity
- Ability to work independently and in a cross-functional setting
- Strong communication skills both verbal and written
- Experience in technology and/or SAAS preferred
Research shows that while men apply to jobs when they meet an average of 60% of the criteria, women and other marginalized folks tend to only apply when they check every box. So if you think you have what it takes, but don't necessarily meet every single point on the job description, please still get in touch. We'd love to have a chat and see if you could be a great fit.
At CarGurus, we invest in our peoples professional growth with everything from learning and development programs to tuition reimbursement. Want to work on projects that expand your skill set without sacrificing your work/life balance? You got it. We also strive to provide perks and benefits that employees actually care about like free lunch, commuter subsidies, and more. That includes equity in the companyour way of showing that we want you here for the long haul.
We work hard every day to build the worlds most trusted and transparent automotive marketplace, but trust and transparency dont just apply to our consumers. They extend to our talent, too. We aim to create a workplace where everyone feels they can bring the ultimate expression of themselves and their potentialwhere you dont just fit, you thrive. We dont discriminate based on race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, gender identity, or sexual orientation.
CarGurus employees in the US can choose to work from home / remotely for the duration of 2021, or participate in a phased return to our beautiful office spaces. We expect most roles to be in-office at least 3 days a week beginning January 2022. In addition to the US, CarGurus operates sites in Canada and the UK. We have offices in Cambridge, MA; Detroit, MI; Dublin, Ireland; San Francisco, CA and London, UK. Check out our careers page to learn more.