Business Development Specialist
Are you interested in sales and joining a hot start up in downtown Boston? Then come join us!
In 2018, ClearSky was named by Network World named us as a "Hot Storage Company to Watch" and CRN named us as one of “The 10 Coolest Enterprise Cloud Storage Products“
At ClearSky, the business development specialist will work with sales and marketing teams and seek new business opportunities by contacting and developing relationships with potential customers.
This role brings together marketing and sales and directly drives new customer opportunities and sales. The person in this role will be a product evangelist and will play an integral role in organizing product launches.
To be successful in this role, the business development specialist will be a motivated, self-starter looking to grow their sales skills. The specialist will have previous experience developing leads from marketing campaigns and meeting sales quotas. Strong communication skills to cultivate strong relationships with customers, from first contact through sales transition are essential.
The successful business development specialist will boost sales and contribute to ClearSky’s long-term business growth while gaining individual sales skills essential to future sales career growth.
- Qualify leads from marketing campaigns as sales opportunities
- Contact potential clients through cold calls and emails
- Present ClearSky to potential clients
- Identify client needs and suggest appropriate products/services
- Proactively seek new business opportunities in the market
- Set up meetings or calls between (prospective) clients and Account Executives
- Report to the Business Development Manager on daily, weekly and monthly results
- Minimum of 1-year work experience as a Business Development or Inside Sales Specialist or similar role preferred
- Excellent communication skills
- Hands-on experience with multiple sales techniques (including cold calls)
- Track record of achieving goals
- Experience with Salesforce.com and Microsoft Office: Word, PowerPoint, Excel
- Understanding of sales performance metrics
- Bachelor’s degree in business or marketing