Title: Business Development Representative
EF Division: Explore America
Location: Cambridge, MA
Experience Level: Entry-Level
Start Date: July 12, 2021
*In accordance with public health guidance, all of our staff are currently working from home. However, our EF culture still runs strong. From virtual happy hours, group workout classes, and collaborative technology, we'll make sure you can stay close to your colleagues - even from home. We hope to get back to the office at some point in September of 2021, and this role will be based in our Cambridge, MA office at that time.*
When you work in sales at EF, you play a vital role in fulfilling our company mission: Opening the World Through Education. We give every salesperson here a magic combination of guidance and autonomy to help them thrive and our business grow. We onboard you, train you, and support you with comprehensive sales development programs and ongoing coaching from peers, dedicated trainers, and managers.
Whether this is your first step in your career, or you are a making a career shift, the Business Development Representative position is a fantastic opportunity to start/continue your sales career and can lead to a long-lasting career path at EF. Weve seen people grow their sales career into management and learning and development positions, as well as use their skills and passions to transition into marketing, operations, finance, technology and other departments within EF!
The Business Development Representative role operates within EFs domestic tours product called EF Explore America. This is a sales position where you will build relationships over the phone with middle school and high school teachers who are interested in taking their students on educational tours in North America (with destinations across the USA, Canada, and Puerto Rico). Dont have sales experience? No problem! Beginning on day 1, you and your cohort of new Tour Consultants will embark on a multi-week comprehensive sales training program followed by ongoing coaching and support from your dedicated sales trainer.
Upon graduating from the sales training program, you will hit the ground running as part of our Leads Team. Working closely with your manager and sales trainer, you will spend your first 6 9 months focused on lead generation to help drive new business by prospecting schools and teachers. After honing your sales skills and mastering the sales process, you will join a regionalized team as a Tour Consultant, where you will run your territory like a business and take ownership over your own sales growth strategy. The sales strategy emphasizes long-term relationships and consultative conversations. The culture emphasizes passion, fun and positive attitudes.
Well be Counting on you to:
- Work and consult with middle and high school teachers and administrators to build North American travel programs for students at their school
- Utilize your excellent relationship building and phone skills to prospect and acquire new customers, and help more and more students discover North America
- Refine your sales technique and learn quickly in our Tour Consultant Development Program, a multi-year professional development program that helps you grow your professional skill set and prepare to launch into your next role
- Be fearless, focused, and excited to sell a product that truly changes students lives
- Help us maintain our rapid growth and become a market leader while raising the bar on the quality of the customer experience
People from all different backgrounds have thrived in this role and as such, we do not believe in a perfect candidate. Instead, we think you will thrive in this role if YOU
- Are eager to start or expand your career in a role where you take ownership over your work
- Are goal-oriented with a desire to begin or grow your career in sales or business
- Are self-motivated and fearless in your problem-solving abilities
- Enjoy influencing others and are great at building relationships
- Dont subscribe to the phrase, Thats not my job.
- Nail the details and never lose sight of the big picture
- Would love to be a part of expanding our market share and defending our turf
- Are a lifelong learner who believes in the power of experiential education
- Are someone with sales, leadership, or customer-facing experience
As if changing teachers and students lives and making the world a better place isnt enough, we also offer the opportunity to:
- Guaranteed base salary (please note, this is NOT a commission-based role) + bonus potential and 25% company match on your 401(k)
- Expand your worldview with paid business travel plus three weeks of paid vacation time to start (and four weeks starting in year two)
- EF is proud to offer a market-leading health and dental benefits plan
- Stay healthy with on-site fitness classes and access to Employee Assistance Programs
- Competitive fertility assistance benefits and paid parental leave programs
Live your Truth:
- We believe our business, like our world, is better when we embrace diversity, equity, inclusion and belonging
- Build your network and by joining Explore Americas Diversity, Equity, Inclusion & Belonging Committee
- Join one (or several) of our employee led clubs or affinity (we call them EF-finity) groups such as, LGBTQ+ @ EF, Black @ EF, and Latinos @ EF. Dont see a resource group, affinity group or club that matches your passion? Feel free to create one! Read more about [email protected] here!
- We work in an open environment without cubicles or private offices
- Enjoy comprehensive in-house professional development opportunities with weekly and monthly trainings and workshops
- Keep up that student mentality with free in-house language classes and a $1,500 annual stipend for continued education
Live for FUN!
- Explore the neighborhood with discounts to local gyms, businesses, concert tickets, and sporting events
- Explore the world with discounts on hotels, flights, rental cars, as well as paid travel.
- Enjoy our in-house bar, cafe, hair salon, and fitness center
EF Explore America, a division of EF Education First, is one of the largest providers of teacher-led student tours in North America. Students and teachers from all across the USA travel with us on tours throughout North America. Tours to Washington, D.C., New York City, and Boston have been our bread and butter for years, but we are growing rapidly in San Francisco, Puerto Rico, Chicago, Montreal, and elsewhere. From sales and marketing to operations and finance, our teammates are headquartered in Boston with a regional office in Washington, D.C., and presence in New York City, San Francisco, Los Angeles, and throughout Texas.
About EF Education First:
At EF we believe that the world is better when people try to understand one another. Since 1965, we have helped millions of people see new places, experience new cultures, and learn new things about the world and about themselves. Our culturally immersive education programsfocused on language, travel, cultural exchange, and academicsturn dreams into international opportunities.
When you join EF, you join a multicultural and diverse community working across more than 600 schools and offices in 50 countries, all with one shared mission of opening the world through education. Whoever you are, whatever you are passionate aboutwe welcome you and want you to bring that to work every day. EF is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and we are committed to inclusion and belonging across race, ethnicity, gender, age, religion, identity, parental status, experience and everything else that makes you unique.
Founded in Sweden in 1965, EF has school and offices around the world, including hubs in Boston, London, Mexico City, So Paulo, Shanghai, Stockholm, Zrich, and more. Learn more at https://ef.com.