Business Development Representative (Inside Sales)
Join our growing Inside Sales team! As a Business Development Representative, you will support the growth of the sales pipeline and expand target account intelligence for Cotiviti Retail. The BDR frequently is the voice of Cotiviti Retail, which sets the tone of the customer experience, particularly in first-contact situations. You will support the management of sales for Go-to-Market (GTM) and Centers-of-Excellence (COE) by establishing relationships, conducting introductory conversations and gathering intelligence that enables Cotiviti Retail to favorably compete for the prospects’ business. BDRs support analysis and reporting needs of Sales Operations by developing business profiles of targeted accounts (“New Logos"). BDRs also support marketing program development by providing feedback about market dynamics, competitive presence, and the perception of Cotiviti Retail solutions in the eyes of prospective customers.
- Conduct Sales Development activities using the telephone, CRM, and other web-based platforms.
- Proactively seek new account relationships by conducting an outbound, cadenced, documented engagement process and following up on inbound Marketing Qualified Leads.
- Collaborate with GTM team to develop and execute account-level sales strategies; document activities in Dynamics CRM and account plans associated with sales strategies.
- Qualify prospective customers using solution-selling techniques to determine the sales-readiness of opportunities.
- Develop thorough prospect profiles of target accounts, including reporting relationships, procurement processes, budgeting cycles and imbedded competition.
- Participate in and contribute to sales meetings, pipeline reviews, marketing input sessions and other sales or market events.
Contribute to a professional sales atmosphere through positive interaction with COEs, GTM, customers and co-workers
- Bachelor's degree in sales, marketing or business or B2B-related field preferred, or equivalent.
- 1-3 years experience in sales or client services required.
- Demonstrated ability to balance activities across multiple internal customers, campaigns, tasks, and performance pressures.
- Strong analytical skills with the demonstrated ability to research prospective customers and plan sales prospecting activities accordingly.
- Excellent oral and written skills..
- Strong interpersonal skills required. Understands that internal customers’ interests are best served through continuous prospecting and intelligence gathering activities and proactive communication with sales partners.
- Must be able to perform daily functions with little or no direct supervision.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite, including Word, Excel and Outlook.
- MS Dynamics CRM experience preferred.
- As a potential stepping-stone towards becoming a field sales executive, a BDR will be encouraged to collaborate with and support GTM team to bring their sourced opportunities to positive closure.
- A BDR is encouraged to increase their sales experience by observing and, when appropriate, participating in phases of a sales cycle that go beyond traditional Sales Development activities such as review and comment on RFIs and RFPs, online and in-person sales meetings, contracting, solution implementation and post-production follow-up
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities