Office Tour Photos
ABOUT THE ROLE
Upserve is seeking Business Development Representatives (BDRs) to join our sales team. This is a phenomenal way to develop your sales and business skills within a growing and dynamic technology company! If you value teamwork, personal achievement, and restaurants - you'll fit right in! As a BDR, you will kick off our sales process by spending your days researching prospective customers, creating outreach strategies, and identifying new sales opportunities. You will conduct exploratory conversations with potential customers, and use your business acumen to identify how Upserve's platform can help their restaurant succeed. Your success as a BDR will be measured by your seamless handoff of qualified leads to the sales team. and In doing all of this, you'll gain a deeper understanding of restaurant operations, how the Upserve platform technology can dramatically improve their businesses and employees' lives and gain the skills needed to be successful in sales or any other customer-facing role.
A typical day may include:
- High volume outbound prospecting (80-120 activities/day) to qualify leads through calls, emails, and chat.
- Utilizing industry knowledge to research and develop accounts, identify key players, and generate interest.
- Scheduling introductory meetings for our regional Sales Executives to further assess a restaurant's needs.
- Learning and maintaining in-depth knowledge of Upserves product and services offerings, unique value propositions in contrast to Upserves competitors.
- Developing and implementing new prospecting strategies.
- Tracking and managing all of your activities and results in Salesforce.
First 30, 60, 90 Days:
Whether you have some prior sales experience or you're just getting started, we'll teach you everything you need to know! Upserve has developed a 2 week blended learning experience that combines workshop training with expert facilitators, engaging online learning, and robust skill training. Our dedication to learning and development puts our team in the best position to be meaningful contributors right from the start. Completing this two week "bootcamp" is essential for your success at Upserve.
In your first 30 Days you will:
- Pass our intensive two week bootcamp
- Develop and articulate your Upserve pitch
- Get up to speed on Upserve's product offerings
- Learn how to navigate gatekeepers to determine the key decision maker
In your first 60 Days you will:
- Continue improving your Upserve pitch and learn to navigate objections
- Master the call and email workflows for your leads
- Get decision makers to commit to meetings
- Correctly enter lead notes and meetings in Salesforce
In your first 90 Days you will:
- Master your Upserve pitch
- Increase your number of meetings set and meet your monthly goal
- Independently manage daily schedule to meet metrics/expectations
We're looking for BDRs with the following:
- Grit: You possess a consistent drive to overachieve against your personal and professional goals.
- Curiosity: You have a desire to learn about the restaurant industry, our customers pain points, and provide thoughtful solutions to their biggest problems.
- Impact: You enjoy taking on big, important challenges as well as the small things, because you aim to provide value today. You can apply logic to problems and quickly analyze to provide a recommendation.
- Empathy: In all of your actions, you strive to convey an understanding and respect for the needs of others. You keep the customer, not your own agenda, at the forefront of your decisions.
- Openness: You are humble, acknowledge your strengths and weaknesses and take feedback well. You are able to self diagnose and translate that diagnosis into an actionable solution.
- One Team: You can effectively and concisely communicate with your teammates to motivate and inspire prospects
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- The desire to meet and exceed measurable performance goals
- Natural curiosity and passion for your job
- The technical aptitude to master our sales tools
- The ability to deal with and thrive on objections and rejection on a daily basis
- Prior Experience in the hospitality industry is a plus!
Upserve is the magic ingredient that helps restaurateurs thrive by putting everything they need in one place. We are a leading restaurant management platform with a cloud-based Point of Sale (POS) system, data and analytics, inventory management and payments processing for small to midsize restaurants. Thousands of restaurants use Upserve to manage relationships with more than 57 million active diners, process over $12 billion in annual sales, and to serve over 36 million meals per month. Being a part of the Upserve team brings a plethora of amazing benefits and here are a few:
Well invest in your career. Upserve is growing quickly, and well give you the opportunity to do the same. Through our internal learning and development resources and our partnership with Vista Equity Partners, youll have access to a number of professional development opportunities so that you can keep up with the companys evolving needs. We care about your well being.
We pay 100% of your medical and dental insurance coverage, offer tax savings plans for retirement and dependent care, subsidize your transportation costs, offer a generous and inclusive parental leave, and provide catered lunches/meal allowances. We offer competitive compensation packages. Our people matter! We dont ignore the role that compensation has on motivation and performance so we strive to equitably compensate our people.
Weve created an inclusive environment where everyone can thrive. Our customers are a diverse group, so were building a team that is too. Through our various D&I recruitment partnerships, intramural sports, quarterly engagement and feedback surveys, and more. Were building an organization that provides our employees with the emotional and physical space to bring their best selves to work.
Want to know what its like to work at Upserve? Check out our Instagram, Inside Upserve.
Upserve is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We strive to have a team that is as diverse as the industry we serve. We partner with a number of local organizations working to improve access to the tech industry for underrepresented groups. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status or disability.
More Jobs From