What were building
At Tidelift, we help organizations effectively manage the open source behind modern applications. Through the Tidelift Subscription, we deliver a comprehensive management solution, including the tools to create customizable catalogs of known-good, proactively maintained components backed by Tidelift and its open source maintainer partners.
Tidelift enables organizations to accelerate development and reduce risk when building applications with open source, so they can create even more incredible software, even faster.
We're well-funded and growing fast. You will play a large role in tackling challenging problems and helping build the company, while learning alongside our experienced team.
Tidelift is looking for a Business Development Representatives (BDR) to join our sales team. As an BDR, you will research prospective customers, execute outreach programs, and qualify potential sales opportunities while coordinating with our Account Executives.
The Tidelift BDR's role is designed to provide a challenging and rewarding environment with experienced sales and technology teams. You will also have access to a myriad of resources, from extensive training to sales acceleration tools, to help you achieve your goal. BDRs at Tidelift who excel at their role have ample opportunity for further advancement within our sales organization.
We operate a high-velocity, inside sales model. Our prospects are primarily engineering leaders at companies ranging in size from 5000 employees and up. Our product is not overly complicated, but our audience is very technical. Familiarity with the software development life-cycle and the day-to-day job of a software developer or team manager will be to your advantage.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Sourcing leads to establish and maintain a pipeline of potential sales opportunities
- Prospecting into both inbound and outbound sales leads
- Qualifying leads and developing them into opportunities
- Mapping out and coordinating meetings with stakeholders within an organization
A great potential BDR will:
- Understand the tasks required of a Sales Development Representative
- Demonstrate the ability to turn coaching into action quickly and precisely
- Show a strong desire for sales in the past or through analog experiences
- Posses the energy to keep up with a fast-paced, early-stage, technology company
- Be process-driven, and carry a metrics-first mentality
Our team and our values
Were trying to build a healthy, values-driven culture. We want to be:
- Optimistic: We see an amazing future ahead, and want to inspire others to share in it. This is both internalbuilding each other up and looking for the best in peopleand externalwe know open source is awesome, and we want to make it even better.
- Practical: We know words and ideas alone wont change lives. We help people most by creating a pragmatic, viable, and sustainable business that works for everyone. So we care about usability, design, and honest assessment of costs and benefits.
- Additive: We want an environment that encourages and inspires growth, both for individuals and for the open source community as a whole. That means embracing a growth mindset, and valuing culture add over culture fit.
- Inclusive: We believe technology will be stronger when it better reflects the voices and ideas of society as a whole. So we want people from different backgrounds and experiences to not just be represented, but to be heard, valued, and flourish. We do not tolerate discrimination or harassment.
In this role, you would work remotely or from one of our offices in Boston, MA or Raleigh, NC.
We believe in the urgency of our mission and the importance of doing good work, but also know this is a marathon and not a sprint. Hours can be flexible within reason if necessary to meet personal needs (like child, medical, or elder care).
Compensation, benefits, and career
Compensation is competitive with other Boston-area startups, including health insurance, flexible vacation, 401(k), short-term disability, parental leave, and equity. This position offers a base salary and commission.
We invest in every employees growth, and support professional development that aligns with your goals and how you learn best.
How to apply
Fill out the form below. We'd love it if you add a thoughtful note about your goals and your background. Well get back to you promptly!