Business Development Representative
About Salary Finance
Salary Finance is an award-winning Fintech business with social purpose. We partner with some of the US and UK’s largest companies, offering them an innovative employee benefit that helps people escape high cost debt, save for the future, and achieve financial stability.
We have a very real and meaningful impact on people’s lives by improving their financial wellbeing. We remove the stress and worry associated with financial difficulties by dramatically reducing the interest rates employees pay on their personal debt, and provide them with the tools needed to start saving sooner and be more financially secure. The business recently completed a $50m investment round, led by Legal and General (L&G), one of the worlds largest asset managers.
Founded in 2015 in the UK, the business has made amazing progress, is scaling fast, and is now in the process of launching in the US. We are named BITC’s Responsible Business of Year 2018, included in KPMG’s Global Fintech 100, listed in Forbes' top list of socially-responsible startups, and profiled by the Financial Times, the Times of London, the Wall Street Journal, the Guardian, the Telegraph, and the BBC.
We’re looking for an exceptional, driven, high-calibre Business Development Representative. In this role you will help develop and execute the strategies that ensure Salary Finance maintains a healthy pipeline of qualified leads. As Salary Finance’s first dedicated Business Development Representative hire, you will play a pivotal role in the sales process from identifying target accounts to engaging directly with prospective customers. This is a high impact role with significant opportunity for career growth.
- You are passionate about technology and social impact, and want to help build a business that delivers a meaningful difference to society.
- You are resilient, empathetic, collaborative, and detail-oriented.
- You are a self starter, enthusiastic, and have the ability to work autonomously with confidence.
- You have worked in the sales function of a growing business and have experience of selling a B2B offering.
- You have a prospecting mentality and an inquisitive nature.
- You have outperformed your targets, or have been recognized as a leader in your peer group.
- You have a logical, analytical and investigative mind but with great charm and excellent powers of persuasion.
- You are degree educated (or equivalent).
- You are a persuasive communicator, with excellent verbal and written communication skills, and are capable of comprehending and presenting complex technical topics and specialized information in an easy to understand format.
- You have the ability to work with employees at all levels of the organization in an open office setting and a highly collaborative environment with a high growth, start-up mentality.
- You are excited by the prospect of working in a fast-paced and challenging environment.
- You have the ambition and determination to shape this role yourself – we will give you lots of room for growth.
Nice to have
- You have 3+ years experience in a technical or financial sales role.
- You have experience in employee benefits, financial services, or innovative high growth companies.
- You have experience of selling both a B2C and B2B offering.
- You have experience of using CRM tools to track your sales pipeline.
- Identify target accounts and develop a scalable prospecting process.
- Connect with prospective customers over phone, email, and other relevant channels.
- Qualify leads to maximize our chances of success.
- Discover clients’ needs and present Salary Finance’s value proposition during introductory calls.
- Support marketing-led lead generation campaigns by qualifying and converting inbound leads.
- Work with the Sales & Marketing Associate to produce a quantifiable and predictable pipeline of sales opportunities.
- Work closely with the Marketing Team to deliver focused prospecting campaigns.
- Manage client relationships throughout the sales cycle, including launch.
- Work with the other Sales Team members to win clients through face-to-face, screenshare and phone meetings.
- Work with the Product Team to ensure your clients’ needs are met.
- Work with the Head of Partnerships to create quarterly and yearly plans.
What’s in it for you?
- Competitive salary
- Regular company socials
- Fast-growing environment
- Generous company benefits including medical, dental and vision insurance with 50% covered by company; short-term disability, 401k, 20 personal days and extra day off on your birthday and many other perks!
We’re looking for someone who will make a difference! We have a great collaborative, entrepreneurial team that are passionate about what they do. If you want to join a team that is changing people’s lives for the better then we’d love to hear from you.
Learn more at salaryfinance.com/US.