1. About the Job
Fairwinds is seeking an intellectually curious, collaborative, driven and resilient individual to join our growing sales team as a Business Development Representative.
As a Business Development Representative, you will help build our sales pipeline by connecting with prospective clients, understanding their unique needs, and identifying the best way to help customers solve their problems with Fairwinds services and software offerings. We are looking for someone with a positive attitude and a growth mindset. Reporting to the Director of Sales, you will also work closely with other BDRs and Account Executives, as well as Marketing, to develop strategic campaigns and continually improve our sales process as a whole.
This is your chance to join a growing sales team at an early stage company in the very hot cloud native infrastructure space, advance your career in sales, and contribute to this rocket ship!
2. About you...
- Ideally, you have previous experience in a sales organization / BDRing. If not, you have the drive to learn quickly and get better every day.
- Youre coachable. Were a tight-knit sales team at Fairwinds and have a team-first culture.
- You have a positive attitude. Sales can be tough and having a good mindset goes a long way. We celebrate our wins, and learn from the losses.
- You know your stuff and are a creative problem solver. When you point out a problem, offering a solution you think will help the team, company and customer will be welcomed.
- Youre organized, communicative, and accountableyou own your role entirely, while being open to critique, suggestions, and new ideas.
- Familiarity with HubSpot and SalesLoft are a plus!
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- You have a B.A. or B.S. degree
- US Based (Boston area preferred)
In addition to playing a critical role in building Fairwinds, you'll receive:
- Competitive salary, bonus and stock options
- We pay 100% of individual and family health insurance premiums
- A remote-first work environment
- Unlimited PTO
Diversity and Inclusion Statement:
Everything our team does is guided by our core values: Respect, Inclusion, Compassion, and Kindness. We are good to each other and say 'We don't do that here,' when someone is out of line. We also value diversity in our team. To us, a diverse team means we welcome people from different races, generations, geographical locations, gender minorities, people of color, members of the LGBTQIA+ community, individuals with disabilities and veterans. Building a diverse team is a moral imperative and we build a better business and product by bringing different perspectives to the table. We look for voices unlike our own because they are the ones that help us grow.