Office Tour Photos
About the team
The Inside Sales team is focused on acquiring new customers and driving top line revenue. The team connects with IT executives and professionals within the target market to learn about current cybersecurity practices with in the organization; uncover potential challenges or inefficiencies and addresses how we help continuously protect our customers providing affordable, best-of-breed hybrid security-as-a-service solutions. **Applicants, please note that the position will start in Boston, MA and will move to Burlington, MA.**
About the Role
The Business Development Representative is on the front line of Cygilants mission to ensure organizations of all sizes have access to cybersecurity protection. You will support your designated territory with outbound efforts to generate interest in Cygilants hybrid security-as-a-service solutions. As the initial point of contact, you will learn about the prospects current practices and assess if Cygilant can help with any challenges or problems.
This position is an excellent entry to software sales with an accelerated path of career advancement for top performers. Training and coaching by management and more experienced members of the team will be provided with expectations you will show initiative, take on responsibility, and learn from the resources provided.
- Work with the Inside Sales Representatives and Sales Management to develop targeted outreach campaigns
- Accountable for identifying and qualifying new business opportunities through high volume outbound cold-calling activity
- Become adept at challenging a prospects objections and existing business practices. Customize introduction of Cygilant services based on information provided
- Stay informed of IT security compliance and regulatory changes that impact our target customers and their urgency to buy
- Meet or exceed goals for qualified prospects by managing activity in accordance with the key performance indicators
- Communication: Presents ones self well; Articulate; Concise; Email correspondence is professional
- Listening: Builds rapport quickly, takes cues, relates, asks questions to better understand
- Problem solving: Ability to think logically and analytically, utilizing resources with focus on results/solution
- Bachelors degree (courses in Business, Finance, or Computer Science helpful)
- Disciplined and accountable. Takes initiative, responsible for actions and behaviors
- Intellectually curious, asks questions
- Coachable, seeks feedback and practices/prepares to improve
- Hungry and Competitive, will work hard and fight to reach goals, challenge yourself and others
- Strong sense of empathy, emotional intelligence
Working at Cygilant
We are passionate about helping organizations of all sizes build a comprehensive enterprise-class security program. Our goal is to be the #1 customer-centric organization in the cyber security industry.
Were looking for people who share our core values, thrive on the challenge of working on the cutting edge of technology, and are passionate about excellence.
If you are looking for a challenge and have what it takes to build a great company in the hottest sector of the IT industry, we offer a chance to develop your career and share in the rewards of creating something special.
Our office is in the heart of downtown Boston, within walking distance of South Station, North Station, Red, Green, Orange and Blue lines. We offer health, dental, and vision, 401k match, unlimited PTO, tuition reimbursement, and opportunities to earn equity.