Business Development Representative
Carbonite is looking for a self-starter to join our new team of Business Development Representatives (BDRs). This is a great opportunity to start or grow your career in tech sales!
Our Business Development Representatives are responsible for generating leads for our entire Carbonite mid-market sales team. You will play a key role in our success by locating, educating, and qualifying leads and prospecting them by telephone, email, and other means. You will also have the opportunity to assist the Inside Sales team to develop effective targeting strategies.
Specific Objectives and Responsibilities:
- Outbound calling and emailing into targeted businesses within a defined region to prospect, educate, and qualify leads to create sales-ready opportunities
- Gather key prospect data from the initial conversation, from the web and other sources, and provide that data to the Inside Sales Managers
- Utilize Salesforce and 6sense (predictive marketing tool) to generate and manage a pipeline of leads and opportunities
- Set initial appointments with Inside Sales Managers
- Reach or exceed performance metrics on dials, appointments set, and conversion to a sales qualified opportunity
- Strategize with Inside Sales Managers to target highly qualified sales prospects
- Keep abreast of industry and technologies to be a trusted resource to prospects
- Successfully manage and overcome prospect objections
- Become fully acquainted with our culture, values, and environment
- Understand our data protection portfolio, the competitive market, who our prospects are and why they would do business with us
- Shadow and train with a seasoned sales team to fully comprehend the products, processes, relationships and more
- You’ll be full trained and ready to start generating leads for the sales team
- Make approximately 50 calls per day and schedule 5-10 appointments per week (or more!)
- Develop and deliver a compelling mini-commercial for your leads: “our customers come to us because…”
Three Months and Beyond:
- Establish yourself as a leader on the team
- Work with Inside Sales Managers to brainstorm and develop successful sales and marketing strategies
- Continue to prospect and generate leads, collaborating with your team to build best practices for this function
What will make you successful at Carbonite:
- Passionate, professional, self-motivated, accountable, and strong sense of teamwork
- Desire and drive to advance you career in technology sales
- Resilient and persistent - gets it done, whatever it takes
- Self-directed with strong sense of personal ownership and accountability
- Thinks critically, a problem solver, mentally tough
- Detail-oriented with strong time management and organizational skills
- Strongly developed set of personal and professional ethics
- A good sense of humor - we believe your job should be fun!
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience
- 0-2 years of B2B business development experience
- Excellent phone presence and interpersonal communication skills, both written and oral
- Must thrive in a fast-paced, ever-changing environment
- The desire to meet and exceed measurable performance goals
- Preferred experience working with Salesforce.com
Carbonite provides a complete Data Protection Platform for businesses and the IT professionals who serve them. From backup and disaster recovery to data migration, high availability and endpoint protection, our flexible solutions can be tailored to meet the data protection needs of any business.
Carbonite solutions are strengthened by our outstanding team members and through strategic acquisitions—like our purchase of leading endpoint protection provider Mozy Inc., and high availability specialist DoubleTake Software. Our laser focus on security and our track record of meeting customers' unique requirements are two more reasons why businesses around the globe depend on Carbonite.
Carbonite is made up of over 1,000 smart and dedicated individuals who work at locations all over the world. We foster a thriving, dynamic environment rich with inventive minds and entrepreneurial spirit. With our robust Data Protection Platform, we are well-positioned in a rapidly growing market. We're currently looking for talented people to join the Carbonite team both in the U.S. and globally. Are you ready to grow with us?
Carbonite, Inc. is an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action employer does not discriminate based upon race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, genetic information, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, status as a qualified individual with a disability, or any other characteristic protected by law. All qualified applicants are encouraged to apply.