Business Development Representative
We are looking for Business Development Representatives to join our Sales division. Your job will be to be the first point of contact in the sales process by responding to inbound sales inquiries for athenahealth’s services. But enough about us; let’s talk about you.
You are a team player with a positive attitude who is able to adapt to new situations. You are not afraid to share your ideas and are able to be flexible in a fast paced environment. You are interested in healthcare and technology and will continue learning about the industry and athenahealth in order to be successful in your role.
The Team: Our Business Development Representative team is the first touchpoint in the sales process and drives inbound inquiries to sales qualification through direct phone and email outreach. This team is the starting point for a sales career at athenahealth.
- Responding to inbound sales inquiries from practices with up to 6 providers
- Promote athenahealth’s services through direct phone and email outreach, serving as the first touchpoint in moving sales inquiries into the sales pipeline
- Passing qualified and nurtured leads to Sales Executives
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience
- 6 months-1 year experience preferred but not required
- Knowledge of sales and customer service principles and methods
- Strong written and verbal communication skills and a sound knowledge of telephone etiquette
- Our Mission: To unleash our collective potential to transform healthcare.
- Our Location: This role is based in Watertown, MA, just a few miles outside of Boston. Watertown is our Global Headquarters and our campus, the Arsenal on the Charles, is home to a number of restaurants, a local gym and large outdoor space. This office also has a cafeteria, coffee café and food trucks that rotate every day.
- Our Culture: If you crave transparency, innovation and the ability to make an impact, you’ve come to the right place. Being an athenista is all about taking initiative, questioning the norm, making things radically simple and celebrating diversity. Our 5,100+ employees work hard towards a cause that impacts every one of us, healthcare, and we take the time to celebrate company accomplishments and our people.
- Our Perks: Along with health & financial benefits, our athenistas are offered a variety of perks that promote employee wellbeing such as commuter support (We were named one of the 2018 Best Workplaces for Commuters!), collaborative workspaces and dog-friendly offices - just to name a few.