The Business Development Manager for SlideRoom, a Liaison company, will have the primary responsibility of driving new business as well as aide in the retention of selected existing client accounts.
In this role you will cultivate client relationships with primary responsibilities that include: (1) developing new business across the education sector and non-edu space (estimated 75/25 split) ; (2) identify target prospects, develop and execute the business development strategy; (3) make outbound business development calls to meet or exceed sales goals; (4) engage in existing client retention calls in an effort to understand client needs and educate clients in utilization of solutions to attain their organizational goals; and (5) building and maintaining strong, long-lasting client relationships with key individuals and stakeholders.
Business Development Representative Accountabilities:
Reporting to the Executive Director, Business Development, you will collaborate with product, account manager, and marketing personnel, as well as industry partners to build and attain new client relationships and to participate in client retention.
- Design and implement new business recruitment strategies addressing customer needs and issues while meeting assigned sales targets.
- Proactively consult and guide clients leveraging best practices and past experiences to drive the best outcomes using Liaison products and services.
- Conduct inbound and outbound new business development phone calls to grow SlideRoom revenue.
- Along with Account Management for SlideRoom, identify at risk existing clients and conduct outbound customer retention calls.
- Provide regularly scheduled updates and reports on client portfolio to discuss sales prospects pipeline, account health, opportunities, risks, etc.
- Convey information regarding prospective clients’ needs that are not met by current products with the core account team.
- Maintain thorough documentation of business development activity and summarize information obtained during sales calls.
- 2-5+ years of strong experience with new business development or solution-selling in a related environment.
- Conduct lead sourcing (prospecting) and business development outbound calls as well as respond to inbound new business leads.
- Expertise in college admissions or higher education is highly desired.
- Experience in client relationship management/retention is preferred.
- Ability to understand and articulate the value proposition of the SlideRoom solution.
- Ability to work in an everchanging, fast paced environment.
- Exceptional attention to detail and organizational skills.
- Exceptional communication skills, verbal and written.
- Strong technical knowledge and ability to communicate the same to a non-technical audience.
- Strong knowledge of Salesforce.
- Occasional travel up to 10%
More Jobs From