To reinvent an industry, you have to build the best team. Join Formlabs if you want to bring groundbreaking professional 3D printers to the desktop of every designer, engineer, researcher, and artist in the world.
The Business Development team at Formlabs builds partnerships with leading companies throughout the world to create the future of 3D printing by pioneering new applications for Formlabs printers and materials. We help executives at companies like New Balance and Gillette launch new businesses around Formlabs printers through offering services including ideation workshops, technical feasibility studies, and custom material and software development engagements.
We are looking for an entrepreneur who can build multimillion-dollar partnerships with large companies that lead Formlabs to new sales and marketing strategies and new product offerings. If you can understand complex technology, hustle to find and create opportunities, and think quickly and creatively in a room full of customer executives then join our Business Development team to help lead an order-of-magnitude increase in the impact of 3D printing.
- Build a portfolio of profitable partnerships from the ground up by identifying targets, developing relationships, finding opportunities, scoping and negotiating deals, and ensuring that Formlabs delivers on our promises.
- Make effective use of support from the Business Development Lead and your teammates to set and reach ambitious goals for the size and impact of your portfolio
- Work with the Business Development Team to generate ideas for new applications and partnership offerings.
- Mentor junior members of the Business Development Team across all geographies
- You are focused on execution and creating results rather than just strategy
- Work well independently and as part of a high-performing team
- Have conceived and built organizations, initiatives or projects from scratch
- Are an expert in coordinating people and resources not directly under your control
- Can craft productive partnerships that align incentives for mutual growth
- Are immersed in technology and can dive into details whether about electronic components or business models
- Are a smooth diplomat as well as a tough negotiator
- Identify and harness business opportunities outside the status quo
- Have a history of building a personal network of customers in your industry
- Enjoy traveling frequently to speak with customers and partners
- 3D printing experience
- 3D CAD industry experience