Business Data Analyst
Who is Virgin Pulse?
Virgin Pulse, founded as part of Sir Richard Bransons famed Virgin Group, helps organizations build employee health and wellbeing into the DNA of their corporate cultures. As the only company to deliver a powerful, mobile-first digital platform infused with live services, including coaching and biometric screenings, Virgin Pulses takes a high-tech-meets-high-touch-approach to engage employees in improving across all aspects of their health and wellbeing, every day from prevention and building a healthy lifestyle to condition and disease management to condition reversal, all while engaging users daily in building and sustaining healthy habits and behaviors. A global leader in health and wellbeing, Virgin Pulse is committed to helping change lives and businesses around the world for good so that people and organizations can thrive, together. Today, more than 3100 organizations across the globe are using Virgin Pulses solutions to improve health, employee wellbeing and engagement, reduce costs and create strong workplace cultures.
Who are our employees?
At Virgin Pulse were passionate about changing lives for good. We want to make a difference in the world by helping peoplebe healthy so they can perform at their best, every day, at work and home. Our award-winning solutions support leading employers in improving and simplifying the employee health and wellbeing journey and engaging people in all aspects of their health. But our world-class products and programs are nothing without our people the employees who design, build, promote, sell, test and perfect the latest innovations in workplace health and wellbeing. Our people are our top priority and we invest in their health and happiness. At Virgin Pulse, we have so much more than a strong, supportive company culture have a shared vision for a healthier, happier world.
Who you are.
As a Reporting Analyst - Health Outcomeson Virgins TechOps team, you will be responsible for the business side of standard and custom reporting at Virgin Pulse. They will interface with each department to gather and consult on requirements, as well as keep stakeholders updated on IMA projects. The Analyst is a key part of the team at Virgin Pulse for highly visible client-facing reports and tools that require enhancements, fixes, and scheduled and unscheduled updates. This role will encompass both business and technical knowledge and expertise as the ideal candidate can communicate technical projects and systems back to the end users in a compelling and meaningful way.
This is a full-time position located in our Framingham or Providence office. ***Candidates must be authorized to work in the United States.
In the role of Reporting Analystyou will wear many hats and your skills will be crucial in the following:
- Collaborate with stakeholders to serve as Reporting and Analytics SME for a roster of large, complex clients, including delivery of live presentations
- Work with Technology teams to provide matching and cross-platform analytics utilizing claims analytics tools and internal systems
- Maintain an in-depth knowledge and understanding of Virgin Pulses corporate strategy, plans, programs, and critical issues in order to develop other meaningful client reports
- Collaborate with Product team on new standard reporting and analytics design and creation
- Work with business to drive business requirements related to BI reporting
- Document business and technical requirements
- Provide customer service and status updates to internal and external stakeholders
- Drive documentation of business definitions
- Assist with mapping requirements to data points in system
- Build queries to extract and analyze mass amounts of data
- Travel required for client and prospect presentations
- Other duties as assigned
What you bring to the team.
In order to represent the best of what we have to offer, you come to us with a multitude of positive attributes including:
- Bachelors degree in business, health, or related field
- 3+ years of experience working with health insurance claims data, employee benefits/plan design, and health management solutions from a consultative perspective
- Intermediate statistical expertise with ability to solution complex problems
- High-energy, results-oriented approach to completing projects with ability to work in a fast-paced environment juggling multiple priorities
- Demonstrated knowledge of and skill in creativity/innovation, customer service, group presentations, group process facilitation, interpersonal relations, oral communication, project management, quality management, and teamwork
- A strong business acumen, proven expertise in oral/written communication, the ability to compile and present information to Senior Leadership with demonstrated analytical problem-solving and decision-making capabilities are essential
- Must be a motivated self-starter who will be able to manage multiple projects utilizing excellent time management, conflict resolution and creative skills requiring minimal supervision
- Advanced Excel, PowerPoint, and Word skills a must
- SQL skills and working knowledge of data structures required
- Preferred experience using BI tools such as Qlik and Tableau
- Project management and consulting experience preferred
Why work here?
We believe a career should provide competitive pay and benefits, a collaborative and supportive work environment, strong employee culture and cutting-edge technology and services so many reasons to love it here.
*We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to any protected class status.