You’ll have a positive impact on the world.
Each year in America, healthcare businesses waste millions of hours and billions of dollars trying to get payments right. Our flexible software and accurate data feeds help clients eliminate this administrative waste, work more closely with their partners, and ultimately, provide more certainty for people at the point of care.
The Business Consultant leads and mentors the Service Delivery team in all Tier 1 (Basic) and Tier 2 (Intermediate) consulting initiatives. The position provides in-depth and comprehensive subject matter expertise related to Burgess products (from basic to advanced features/functionality), payment methodologies/policies (Medicare, Medicaid, and commercial), payment integrity, and healthcare plan operations (e.g., claim life cycle/workflow, network contracting, payment/policy configuration, provider relations, medical management, medical economics, audit, compliance) related to implementation/consulting engagements, strategic user adoption initiatives, and ongoing client support.
What you will do:
Education and Consulting (implementation/consulting engagements, strategic user adoption initiatives, and on-going client support)
- Provide the highest level of product education (from basic to advanced features/functionality to Burgess end-users
Provide in-depth and comprehensive subject matter expertise related to:
- Medicare, Medicaid, and commercial payment methodologies/policies
- Payment integrity
- Healthcare plan operations (e.g., claim adjudication life cycle/workflows, network contracting, payment/policy related configuration, provider relations, medical management, medical economics, audit, compliance)
- Conduct collaborative scoping sessions to identify client needs and appropriate solutions
- Actively manage and/or participate in the development, maintenance, and execution of client facing education services
- Manage issues, questions, inquiries of Tier 1 and 2 escalation
- Serve as escalation point for critical client needs as warranted.
- Lead diagnosis and resolution of escalated and more involved/complex client problems and issues.
- Act as a liaison between clients and internal support staff (research, development, and product teams) to assure accurate problem interpretation and resolution.
- Capture and solicit issues/feedback from clients and internal stakeholders and document issues and client impacts.
- Partner with appropriate Burgess Teams (BA, PM, Development, Account Management, Sales/Business Development, Product, Content, and Service Delivery) to manage problem framing, diagnosis and resolution.
- Conduct/participate in root cause analysis to identify and deliver warranted service improvements.
- Maintain demeanor as a calming influence during pressure situations, mixing in the correct degree of professional assertiveness without becoming aggressive.
- Maintain communication with customers during the problem resolution process, utilizing superior customer service skills.
- Leverage capabilities and tools (knowledge libraries, workflow, issue identification and documentation, function processes).
- Lead capability and tool development under direction of Service Delivery Leadership.
- Mentor and provide oversight for Tier 1 and 2 Service Delivery staff
- Take direction from and collaborate with Service Delivery Leadership to continually review and enhance performance and strategy.
What You Bring:
- Bachelor’s degree in a business, health services administration, mathematics, science or related field, and/or equivalent work experience required.
- AHIP, HFMA, AAPC, and/or AHIMA certification preferred.
- 5+ years training, education, and/or consulting experience preferred.
- Practical understanding of the healthcare system with regards to Medicare, Medicaid, managed care, and commercial payment methodologies, payment integrity, and health plan operations (e.g., claim life cycle/workflows, network contracting, payment/policy related configuration, provider relations, medical management, medical economics, audit, compliance).
- Experience with interpretation/translation of complex health-plan in-network and out-of-network provider rate and/or claim editing provisions.
- Experience with configuration and maintenance of provider rate and/or claim editing provisions in a claims adjudication system and/or third-party vendor application.
- Working knowledge of claim billing specifications (e.g., CMS-1500, UB-04, 837, HIPAA code sets).
- Creative problem-solving skills including the ability to identify, recommend, and implement strategic solutions.
- Ability to manage issues, requests, problems, and situations of all Tier 1 and 2 escalation levels.
- Demonstrated ability to conduct education/training sessions to large audiences across multiple skill levels.
- Strong analytical skills.
- Excellent organizational skills.
- Excellent communication (both written and verbal) and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to learn and adapt to new technologies and systems.
- Ability to adapt to a changing and rapidly growing environment.
- Effectively manage multiple priorities and follow through on all projects to completion.
Who You Are:
- Creative entrepreneur. You have a constant drive to make things better; you question the status quo and approach common challenges with creativity and constructive criticism. You have skills to clearly and convincingly share ideas in a way that adapts to your audience, regardless of function, level, or expertise.
- Critical, big-picture thinker. You have a constant thirst for knowledge and the ability to credibly share it with others, whether internally or externally. You are analytical, evaluating logic-based details while always considering and problem solving for the sake of the big picture.
- Self-starter. You are proactive, self-motivated, and able to push work, start initiatives, and provide ideas independently in a team environment.
- Team player & coach. You can foster professional and personal respect from others and find success in a team setting. While highly collaborative, you have natural management skills and know how to grow and develop people.
- Adaptable multi-tasker. You are highly organized and flexible. You know how to manage expectations and are able to thrive in fast-paced, constantly changing environments and successfully adapt to a variety of tasks.
How We Work:
- Collaborative. We work together and help each other do our best by building on our work across teams and offices. We don’t own individual ideas or seek credit.
- User-driven. We place our clients and our users’ needs above all else. If it matters to a user, it matters to us. We work for them and keep ourselves accountable to that.
- Hands-on. We don’t wait for problems to solve themselves. We enter the thick of it and get things done.
- Impact over ego. Our culture is about results, not ownership. Great ideas have seniority over titles and levels, and great thinkers outshine fancy pedigrees.
- Forward-looking. We look beyond our own world to constantly improve our business. We welcome outside speakers, tap into the latest tech, and make sure we’re future proof in anticipation of what’s coming next.
- Caring & close knit. We know and care about our people. We know each other’s project strengths—but also about upcoming family trips and favorite after work drinks