Barclays Accelerator, powered by Techstars (FinTech-focused)
Target End Date: December 10, 2019
Location: New York City, United States
Do you want to have an impact on future tech leaders while enhancing your resume? Do you want to work directly with startup CEOs on their business and growth needs? Are you looking to make a switch & gain more experience in the tech/startup ecosystem or even find a way to leverage the startup experience you already have?
As a Business Associate, your responsibilities will include engaging with the startup companies in any area of need and assisting with the day-to-day operations of the Techstars accelerator program. You will work closely with the 10 startups companies to develop and grow their businesses. This can include customer development, marketing, product management, business development, research, financial modeling, or content writing help. Example projects from previous Business Associates: Built product launch roadmap for new web product, led customer discovery interviews to better understand customers’ needs, wrote marketing collateral and new website content, developed and researched investor target list, created project management workflow system.
This is an ideal opportunity for a recent graduate, career switcher, or someone in between opportunities.
Expectations & Responsibilities:
- Willingness to commit to the equivalent of a full time position for a three month time period, and available days, evenings, and whenever needed. Schedule is flexible, but a strong commitment is expected.
- Manage multiple projects at once, prioritize projects & allocate your time effectively, and communicate with startups on project expectations & deadlines.
- Willingness to roll-up your sleeves and help out on any and all projects. Even if it seems outside of your area of expertise, you’ll be resourceful and find the solution.
- Work directly with accelerator team to help with successfully running the accelerator.
- Comfortable with a minimal amount of direction but high expectations on delivery & quality.
- Engage with Techstars founders and plan activities, meetings, and events that drive them toward success.
- Represent Techstars in local community, both actively and passively.
- A drive to get better every single day and are always looking for opportunities to learn.
- A positive outlook, desire to learn and meet new people, lots of energy and enthusiasm. The associates set the tone for a great accelerator experience for the startup founders!
- Demonstrated interest in technology, startups, entrepreneurship, venture capital, etc.
- BA in business, finance, sales, marketing/communications, operations, and/or minimum 1-2 years relevant experience (customer discovery, marketing communications, product management, financial modeling, lead generation, project/program management, etc.)
- Direct experience working with an early-stage startup company - a plus!
- Customer development, enterprise sales, and marketing experience - a plus!
- We are looking for a range of associates, each with different skill sets. No need to have only finance or fintech experience.
- Able to jump in and complete any task quickly and effectively.
- Proven attention to detail through prior work or life experience.
- Be a problem solver and effective communicator.
- Authorized to work as a contractor in the United States.
- Currently live in New York City or would be willing to live here for the duration of the program.
Interested in becoming an Associate for Techstars? You will work closely with the accelerator team and early-stage startup companies to ensure that founders get the most out of the program and have all that they need to succeed in a challenging, fast-paced environment. From entrepreneurs, to investors, to tech experts, your network is about to explode. You will have the opportunity to get to know the best entrepreneurs, tech experts, and investors in the city, up close and personally. You will also have access to full involvement in Techstars events with the founders and local community.
It’s basically a chance to get amazing experience, broaden your network in ways you could never imagine, get exposure to some of the greatest up and coming companies and teams in the country. Historically, most associates end up being employed by one of the teams or by someone they met during the three months of the program. Many also go on to build their own companies.
- Jay Kapoor - My Summer as a Techstars NYC Associate
- Dirk Lehmann – Techstars Associate Programme: The Better Startup MBA?
- Kelly McDonald – Learn More Faster
- Anthony Marnell – Techstars New York: A Reflection
- Duc Luan Dam - Luan, do you ever sleep? (Being an Associate at Techstars part 1)
The Techstars Worldwide Network helps entrepreneurs succeed. Entrepreneurs make connections with other entrepreneurs, mentors, corporate partners, and investors who will help their company succeed. Large companies make connections with the best startups to future-proof their business. City governments connect with local entrepreneurs, corporations, and community leaders to grow and sustain a vibrant startup economy. Investors connect with Techstars to gain access to quality deal flow.
Techstars enables entrepreneurs, large companies, and city governments to access proven resources to innovate faster and accelerate their business success. Techstars proven programs include Techstars Startup Weekend, Techstars Startup Week, Techstars Mentorship-Driven Accelerators, and more.
More Jobs From