Business Analytics Intern
Want to be part of shaping the future? Our breakthrough ability to unlock insights from the web radically improves intelligence and cyber threat visibility for our commercial customers. Were a high-energy, fast-paced, and fast-growing company. Youll need the ability to understand and adapt to rapid product and technology developments, as we improve our products in close partnership with customers. Youll have the support of a seasoned executive management team and world-class investors.
The Intelligence Services Operations team is seeking a Business Analytics intern to work out of our Somerville Office in Davis Square. We are looking for someone who is driven, has experience executing large data analysis projects, is a great communicator, is interested in learning about SaaS and customer success metrics, and can leverage data to answer human questions.
This is a full time, paid internship running for the duration of 3 months minimum.
More about the Intelligence Services Team:
The Intelligence Services Operations team supports our customer facing organization in many ways, one of which involves managing technology we use to track and support customer engagements. This technology is also the hub for rich, anonymized customer data which we use to conduct analysis and set the basis for important customer success metrics used across the company.
What You Will Do:
The intern will work extract, organize, manipulate and analyze data to answer the following types of questions: What are the biggest drivers of customer retention? How should we assess the health of a customer account? What indicators can we monitor proactively to prevent account risk? Additional responsibilities include:
- Quickly deduce how to approach a problem in the most simplistic and efficient of ways
- Partner with internal sources to gather & examine data from disparate sources with the goal of discovering previously hidden insights.
- Create analyses leveraging excel and current BI tool that uncover hidden opportunities to improve in areas such as operations, sales growth and dispatch effectiveness
- Identify and interpret trends and patterns in datasets to predict outcome
- Effectively communicate findings, insights and recommendations with business leaders
- Independently drive a task to completion.
- Currently enrolled in an accredited Bachelors program in Data Science, Statistics, or Business Analytics.
- Proficient data mining skills
- Advanced Excel/G-suite capability
- Excellent Communication Skills and ability to deal with ambiguity
- Strong organizational, problem-solving, and analytical skills; able to manage priorities and workflow
- Ability to exercise independent judgment
- Proven ability to handle multiple projects and meet deadlines
- To qualify, applicants must be legally authorized to work in the United States.
- Masters students
- Proficient in SQL
We realize we can only succeed with a team of very smart and passionate people. If youre looking to work in a unique environment with ambitious, dedicated colleagues, the chance to collaborate with fantastic users and customers, then we have a lot in common! You'll also be equipped with top technology, enjoy trips, the best coffee, great food and fun. We offer competitive compensation, including stock options and a full range of benefits, as well as a great culture, commitment to professional development and social responsibility.
Don't forget to check out our Podcast! Join the Recorded Future team, special guests, and our partners from the CyberWire to learn everything you want to know (and maybe some things youd rather not know) about the world of cyber threat intelligence. All episodes are free and available on iTunes, GooglePlay, and Stitcher.