Office Tour Photos
Business Analytics Intern
EF Go Ahead Tours
January 2020 Start Date
At EF Go Ahead Tours, we believe youre never too old to be a student of the world. We believe that the best way to learn about the world is to experience it. Every day we come to work hoping to help as many people as possible, do just that.
Presently, the Analytics Group within EFs Go Ahead Tours is seeking a Business Analytics Intern to help drive our business goals forward. We are searching for students (BS/MS) of Analytics, Data Science, Computer Programming or Business with a passion for working with data and have some experience with data-mining techniques.
This internship will be a great opportunity for you if you enjoy working with data, is analytical, technical in scope, detail-oriented, and a fast learner. You will be working with large and varied data sets and databases, in environment that range from collaborating with cross-functional teams to independent autonomy.
As the Business Analytics Intern, you will learn our business model quickly and aid our in-house business analysts with their daily duties of producing, analyzing, and evaluating marketing and customer strategies to increase revenue and customer growth. Duties may include providing support in the planning, design, and analysis of the customer experience and optimizing marketing campaign performance. You should be prepared to be a team member in an exciting, fast-paced work environment.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
- Build and execute data pulls and analysis using in-house database extraction tools (e.g., SQL, Tableau, Power BI, etc.)
- Identify KPIs and drivers of customer behavior to work with team to develop insight reports
- Learn the basics principles of e-commerce, direct marketing, customer relational databases and customer targeting strategies
- Investigate industry best practices in our analytics space
- Assist in product sales and market trends analysis
- Develop a foundational, working baseline with our customer data platform in Lytics
- Perform ad-hoc analysis, report generation and special projects as requested by Analytics staff and internal associates
- BA/MS degree in any of the following fields of study: Analytics, Data Science, Computer Science, Marketing/Business
- MS candidates should have 2+ years of related work experience in analytics, marketing/sales, CRM
- Solid technical abilities with data extraction & visualization tools, specifically SQL and Tableau; Python, R, Power BI experience a plus
- Strong quantitative, analytical and creative problem-solving skills
- Inquisitive nature a must and a passion and aptitude for data mining
- Pro-active, can-do, get things done working style
- Possess a level of business acumen that allows one to manage multiple projects with strict adherence to deliverable deadlines in a fast-paced, demanding environment
- Experience with Microsoft Excel, PowerPoint
- Effective oral and written communication and presentation skills
More Jobs From