Office Tour Photos
Business Analyst, Marketing
EF Educational Tours (a division of EF Education First)
Cambridge, MA, United States
For more than 50 years, EF has been working toward one global mission: opening the world through education. Today, the Marketing Department at EF Educational Tours in Boston is looking for a Business Analyst to help drive our business goals forward. This position will report to the Vice President of Marketing.
The Marketing Business Analyst is responsible for reviewing, analyzing, and evaluating marketing strategies needed to increase growth, market penetration, and marketing return on investment. This includes providing support in the planning, design, and analysis of the customer experience and driving marketing campaign performance. The successful candidate will be naturally inquisitive and able to work independently. This position will collaborate with key business stakeholders across a variety of departments to design, develop, and implement the data-driven solutions required to transform our marketing strategy and capabilities.
EF is a large company with a small company feel. We foster a highly collaborative working environment that encourages ideas from every member of the team. Our team members enjoy ample opportunities for creative experimentation and professional growth. People who thrive here are comfortable working in an innovative, flexible, and fast-paced environment. We never stop pushing the boundaries of what we can do and where we want to go.
- Design and execute advanced analytical and strategic projects including: campaign return on investment, marketing attribution, A/B testing, and market penetration. Drive the departments efforts with advanced quantitative techniques.
- Make data-driven and action-oriented recommendations to senior management with the goal of transforming our marketing and sales strategies.
- Identify KPIs and drivers of customer behavior. Proactively develop and report findings and recommendations to senior management.
- Develop marketing test plans for accurate, statistically-sound campaign reporting results. Channels analyzed include direct mail, email, web, digital, SEO/SEM, social, and video.
- Validate, mine, and join data from multiple internal/external sources in the development of marketing strategies and tactics.
- Perform analysis of product sales and market trends to project future growth opportunities and competitive positioning.
- Review marketing expenditures/budgets and make recommendations to improve investment returns.
- Create Power BI dashboards for use within the Marketing Department and by senior management.
Required Experience and Skills
- Advanced business analysis skills with a command of the terminology, methods, strategies, and fundamental metrics used in optimizing campaigns.
- Minimum 2+ years of experience in marketing preferred.
- Clear understanding of basic financial, statistical, and economic concepts.
- Advanced knowledge of Excel with an in-depth understanding of pivot tables and Excel functions.
- Strong knowledge of interactive data visualization products and business intelligence tools. Knowledge of Power BI preferred.
- Familiarity with data warehouses and relational database systems.
- Strong experience with SQL.
- Experience with digital marketing technology is helpful: web analytics, email marketing, search marketing, social media, and conversion marketing.
- Polished communication and interpersonal skills ability to expertly translate the complexity of business issues and analyses into a language anyone can understand.
- Entrepreneurial spirit and drive to experiment and implement change.
- Ability to take smart action independently; proactively developing recommendations based on data exploration.
- A. degree in Business/Business Analytics or B.S. degree in a quantitative discipline such as Applied Mathematics, Computer Science or Statistics. M.B.A. or M.S. degree a plus.
Below are just a few reasons why people love working here:
- Free language classes, taught in-house
- Travel and Language Programs: EF product discounts
- Restaurant and bar right in the building
- Opportunity to travel internationally
- Tuition reimbursement
- Fun offsite outings
- Three weeks paid vacation your first year, four weeks starting in your second year
- Charitable matching
- Competitive benefits package
EF is the worlds largest international education company providing life-changing educational experiences to create global citizens. We offer millions of people the opportunity to learn a language, travel abroad, experience another culture or earn an academic degree. Since 1965, EFs mission has been opening the world through education. Our 52,000 employees have a worldwide presence in over 600 schools and offices within 50 countries.
For more information about our career opportunities, visit www.careers.ef.com
More Jobs From