The Business Analyst II will actively participate in software development and implementation projects through initiation, analysis, execution and implementation phases in partnership with our customers in support of our GuidingCare® platform. GuidingCare® is a complete care management platform for patient-centered care, offering health plans and provider organizations easy-to-use, next-generation data integration and workflow management tools. This role will engage with cross-functional business and technology team members through the project life cycle, developing and documenting business requirements to be used by the software development/delivery teams as well as the basis for test cases utilized by our Quality Assurance team. The Business Analyst II is the key project stakeholder responsible for the conversion of customer business and technical requirements to functional solutions.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Act as the primary contact between the client, Altruista Health, and other external partners relative to the project business and technical requirements, responsible for requirements elicitation, modeling, management, communication and traceability to functional solutions
- Partner with customer users and subject matter experts to identify and document customer requirements and processes that support their business goals and objectives, utilizing a combination of industry best practices and Altruista Health standard operating procedures
- Partner with Altruista Health Product Management, Development and Quality Assurance staff, when necessary, in conjunction with the development of/enhancement to Altruista Health solution features related to customer-defined requirements and product enhancement requests
- Create user story documents with reference to the traceability matrix created
- Work on gap analysis between two versions of GuidingCare® for client upgrades
- Provide input into the definition and management of project plans
- Support solution testing and documentation activities as needed
- Provide training, internal and external (client), relative to Altruista Health solutions and operational procedures; acts as a mentor to newly hired Altruista Health staff members
- Promote organizational improvement efforts through the development of/enhancement to standard Altruista Health implementation and/or product development processes, policies and procedures
- Support the creation of statement of work content, as requested, for assigned projects, ensuring scope, deliverables, assumptions, risks and resource needs are clearly defined
- Effectively engage with decision-maker level contacts in assigned project organizations
- Keep current on Healthcare Information Technology concepts, trends and industry changes, particularly those related to the care coordination and Medicaid/Medicare/Duals domains
- Other work-related duties as assigned
KNOWLEDGE AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Seasoned level of full competence. Broadly applies basic principles, theories, and concepts to job assignments. Solves a diverse range of complex problems, working with limited direction. Frequently interfaces with internal/external customers and makes significant contributions to department goals and planning efforts.
The Business Analyst II is not a supervisory role.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, Healthcare Management or related field required
- Master’s Degree preferred
- 2-5 years of related professional experience
- Experience in the health care domain including Medicaid, Medicare and Duals
- Care Knowledge of clinical and provider systems is beneficial
- Experience with SDLC methodologies, best practices standards for creating User Stories, Business Requirements Documents, and Change Requests
- Experience with Testing Tools such as HP ALM, JIRA or Bucket etc.
- Must be able to able to create user stories and business requirements that are precise, not ambiguous, testable, traceable, and foremost, in line with the high-level vision & scope of the project
- Ability to multitask and prioritize day to day tasks as well as milestones that require focus on deliverables, extensive testing, on-site client workshops
- Ability to pay attention to details, clearly define business need and solution approach (standard configuration, workaround, or custom enhancement)
- Data driven analysis, SQL skills and/or hands on experience with Business Intelligence Reporting Tool is a plus
- Client Focus
- Analytical Thinking
- Business Analysis
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- Tasks involve some physical effort, i.e. some standing and walking, or frequent light lifting (5-10 lb.); minimal dexterity in the use of fingers, limbs, or body in the operation of office equipment. Tasks may involve extended periods of time at a keyboard and extended periods of sitting at a workstation or desk.
- Tasks require:
- Sound perception and discrimination
- Visual perception and discrimination
- Oral communications ability
- The job will require up to 25% regional travel.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. The tasks will generally be performed in a typical office environment.
While Altruista Health is located in Reston, VA, you may live anywhere in the U.S., but you must be willing to travel to the client location on a regular basis.
Altruista will make reasonable accommodations in compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990.
Altruista is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer