iboss is a cloud security company that provides organizations and their employees secure access to the Internet on any device, from any location, in the cloud. This eliminates the need for traditional security appliances, which are ineffective at protecting a cloud-first and mobile world. Leveraging a purpose-built cloud architecture backed by over 190 issued and pending patents and more than 100 points of presence globally, iboss protects more than 4,000 organizations worldwide. The Company is headquartered in Boston, MA, and has operations in Orlando, San Diego, London, and the Philippines.
At iboss, we believe that exceptional employees are the key to our success. Our teams are small, diverse, nimble, and highly empowered to drive excellence. Come be a part of the team that will transform the way cybersecurity is delivered!
The Business Analyst is a predominantly administrative role that does not require high competency in Technology, Risk, or IT Security principles. The Business Analyst shall be primarily focused on tracking, reporting, and scheduling internal efforts in support of the iboss contingency plan, configuration management program and change management process. The ideal candidate will have advanced written communication skills, with ability to assist shareholders in originating large policy documents using a template. Additionally, there will be some system audit responsibilities largely supported by automated tools and well documented processes. Understanding or comprehension of the underlying technology or control objective is not required.
In support of the iboss Contingency Plan a successful candidate will be empowered to ensure shareholders develop and document the Contingency Plan, update the Contingency Plan annually, ensure that annual Contingency Plan training is conducted, document and monitor the overall recovery process, facilitate annually testing/tabletop exercises, authorize travel and housing arrangements for team members (as needed), and protect the Contingency Plan from unauthorized disclosure and modification.
In support of the iboss Change Management Policy a successful candidate will be required to coordinate, review for completeness/accuracy, interface with requestors/sponsors, track, and report on change requests as a surrogate for the Change Management Board.
In support of the iboss Configuration Management Program a successful candidate will be primarily focused on ensuring accurate and timely availability of configuration information and acting as an interface to other teams/groups facilitating effective integration and collaboration. Additionally the Business Analyst will retain records of configuration-controlled changes, review activities associated with configuration-controlled changes to the information system, coordinate and provide oversight for configuration change control activities for the Change Management Board, track the use of software to control copying and distribution, develop and document an inventory of information system components that includes information deemed necessary to ensure property accountability such as hardware inventory specifications (e.g., manufacturer, type, model, serial number, physical location, etc.), and protects the Configuration Management Plan from unauthorized disclosure and modification.
- In the uncommon situation where there is a Contingency or Incident declared, candidate will need to be generally available 24x7x365 to coordinate conference bridges, contact key personnel, document events and report to executive leadership
- Elite attention to detail
- Ability to set milestones for activities sometimes a year or more in advance
- Highly skilled at written articulation
- Ability to identify anomalies/exceptions in large data sets, given strict parameters
- Ability to thoroughly document events, times and tasks during an incident or event bridge calls that may involve a dozen or more teams
- Ability to manage obligations over long spans of time without oversight or direct management.
- Manage small security or technology projects as needed
- Other tasks as assigned
The responsibilities described above are essential functions of the job. The qualifications below are representative of the knowledge, skills, qualities, and/or abilities required.
- 4-year college degree or related experience
- Professional personality and comfortable speaking to internal shareholders and executives
- Possess a strong work ethic and team player mentality
- Excellent communication skills both verbal and written
- Highly developed sense of integrity
- Strong detail orientation and listening skills.
- Strong decision making and analytical abilities
- Health, Vision, Dental- open to domestic partners
- 401K with company match
- Paid Time Off (PTO)
- Company paid holidays
- Optimistic, supportive, and FUN work environment
- Fantastic quarterly company events
- Free catered lunch every Friday
- Free snacks
- Free on-site gym membership
The duties and responsibilities described above are essential functions of the job.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, status as a veteran or as an individual with a disability.
*This position is not eligible for sponsorship of work visas
More Jobs From