Who we are
BookBub is one of the fastest-growing consumer tech startups in Boston (and were profitable). Millions of readers use BookBub every day to find great books, and our service empowers thousands of leading publishers and authors to drive sales and find new fans. Were expanding our team to address the challenges and opportunities of the publishing industry while continuing to help readers find books and authors theyll love. Learn more about what to expect working at BookBub.
About the position
BookBub is seeking a talented analyst to join our growing Analytics team. You will partner closely with marketers, product managers, and engineers to support decision making, accelerate growth, and develop a deeper understanding of our customers and users. As a member of the Analytics team, you will share knowledge and experience with other analysts as we continue developing a world-class Analytics function at BookBub.
Heres an example of what someone can expect to accomplish in their first year in the position:
- Develop a deep understanding of the business and become a trusted partner for business stakeholders. Adopt their objectives as your own and provide thought partnership and analytical support
- Become an expert in BookBubs data, helping others determine which data resources we can use to make decisions more effectively and improve business performance
- Help produce informational resources (e.g. dashboards, reports, analytical processes) to keep us on course and measure the impact of our work
- Provide analytical support for experiments and hypothesis testing during product changes and marketing campaigns. Contribute to a growing knowledge base about our customers and industry
- Explore, discover, and investigate the data, finding new ways to predict and improve performance
- Share your experience and findings with other analysts as we work to grow and develop our capabilities individually and as a team
- Continue to develop your own abilities and hone your analytical skills through active learning and challenging projects
Ideal candidates for this position will have:
- Excellent communication skills, especially in the communication of complex topics to general audiences
- A passion for learning, discovery, and tackling big challenges as part of a team
- Familiarity with experiment design, statistical testing and analysis
- Knowledge of web analytics (comfort working with transactional databases and server logs a plus)
- Familiarity with basic modeling methods and their applications (e.g. regression, classification and forecasting models)
- Familiarity with one or more statistical software packages (e.g. SAS, SPSS, R, Python with Pandas, etc.)
- Demonstrated proficiency in SQL
- Demonstrated proficiency in MS Excel and/or Google Sheets
- Familiarity with common BI tools (e.g. Tableau, Looker, etc.)
BookBub offers competitive benefit options including medical, dental, vision, 401k, generous paid parental leave, and take-what-you-need paid time off.
Your interview experience
Our goal is to create an environment where you can interview at your best. If we can provide any assistance or accommodations during your time with us, please let us know at firstname.lastname@example.org. All requests are treated as privately as possible and have no impact on candidate eligibility.
BookBub strives to be an inclusive workplace and we value learning from different perspectives. We seek to foster an environment filled with people from a wide variety of backgrounds, experiences, abilities, and perspectives. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, or veteran status. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer.