We are looking for a Billing Rules Technical Operations Manager to join our Claim Readiness team within our Technology Enabled Services division. You will be managing a team of Associates responsible for ensuring the production support of a new billing rules system within athenaHealth. Your job will be the administration, mentoring, and motivation of Billing Rules Production Support Associates and the creation and execution of consistent daily workflows.
But enough about us, lets talk about you.
You are a technically focused and process minded individual that has experience building effective teams and driving results through change. You can guide your team to review complex workflows and create standard processes and procedures. You work effectively with stakeholders to provide trust, resolve conflicts and influence where needed. You have a passion for quality and continuous improvement.
The Team: Our Claim Readiness team eliminates the administrative burden associated with medical billing and ensures our clients cash flow by enabling the creation of accurate insurance claims with minimal client work.
- Manage the day to day activities of Claim Readiness Production Support team, assuring quality and timeliness for rule creation and release
- Develop, maintain and report out on the definition, maintenance and measurement of quality standards, procedures and metrics within rule creation and development
- Research and understand workflow issues and make recommendations for improvements within and across stakeholders
- Ensure any production issues are identified, communicated, resolved and mitigated in the future
- Bachelor of Arts/Sciences degree or commensurate experience required, including people management
- 7+ years of professional experience required
- Understanding of the process of medical billing and medical terminology a plus
- Proven ability to organize time, information, and to both enhance and initiate change
- Experience working with an emerging product a plus
- Mastery of Microsoft Office applications, including Outlook, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Our Vision: To create a thriving ecosystem that delivers accessible, high-quality, and sustainable healthcare for all.
- Our Location: This role is based in Watertown, MA, just a few miles outside of Boston. Watertown is our Global Headquarters and our campus, the Arsenal on the Charles, is home to several restaurants, a local gym and large outdoor space. This office also has a cafeteria, coffee caf and food trucks that rotate every day.
- Our Culture: At athenahealth, our employees (or athenistas) are committed to making healthcare smarter. Our success is dependent on the diversity, collective spirit, and contributions of our people, clients and partners. We value teamwork and believe that the strength of our team comes from supporting each other and leveraging our specialized skills. If you are looking for a company that will enable you to work outside of your comfort zone to transform the healthcare ecosystem, athenahealth is the place for you.
- Our Perks: Along with health & financial benefits, our athenistas are offered a variety of perks that promote employee wellbeing such as commuter support, collaborative workspaces and dog-friendly offices - just to name a few.