TripAdvisor provides a unique, global work environment that captures the speed, innovation and excitement of a startup, at a thriving, growing and well-established industry brand. At TripAdvisor, you will be part of a dynamic, fun, and energetic team where you can immediately make meaningful contributions.
To serve as a Benefits Specialist, a successful candidate must have complete knowledge of all US benefit plans/provisions with a benefits administration background including plan compliance. Counsels and assists employees regarding a variety of benefit programs such as: health, dental, vision, health care and dependent care flexible spending accounts, life, AD&D, long term disability, retirement plans, and other miscellaneous/ancillary programs. Responsible for administering assigned employee/401k benefit programs ensuring compliance with employee benefit statutory regulations, activating/auditing employee plan enrollment and working with third party vendors. Familiarity with audit controls and procedures a plus.
What Youll Do
- Assist in planning employee communication meetings and presentations.
- Report generation from a variety of systems.
- Experienced with Workday or other HRIS system
- Respond directly to employees regarding benefit issues.
- Propose process improvements for benefits administration.
- Audit experience; ensures that benefit programs are being administered according to Plan documents and that the HRIS system (Workday) and outsourced benefit platform (Benefitsolver), and 401k (Fidelity) reflects current/accurate data.
- Day to day administration of 401k
- Billing/Reconciliation of US benefits
- Demonstrate oral and written communication skills with ability to communicate technical information in understandable terms
- Assist with various projects as assigned.
What You Will Bring to the Team
- Bachelors degree
- 2 to 4 years of work experience with US benefits; international benefit experience a plus.
- Knowledge of COBRA, HIPAA, ERISA, FMLA, ACA, Labor Laws
- Basic understanding of HRIS systems; Workday experience a plus.
- Strong organizational/prioritization skills
- Excellent written and oral communication skills including formal presentations.
- Ability to work independently as well as part of a team
- Strategic initiative: ability to identify issues, develop recommendations, sell ideas, and implement solutions.
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to remain poised in difficult situations.
- Possess an understanding of business strategies, culture and work to achieve results.
- Able to execute work beyond the scope of his function and provide analysis and advice in non-routine, project-related area.