At Veeva, we build enterprise cloud technology that powers the biggest names in the pharmaceutical, biotech, consumer goods, chemical & cosmetics industries. Our customers make vaccines, life-saving medicines, and life-enhancing products that make a difference in everyday lives. Our technology has transformed these industries; enabling them to get critical products and services to market faster. Our core values, Do the Right Thing, Customer Success, Employee Success, and Speed, guide us as we make our customers more efficient and effective in everything they do.
Were looking for an experienced Manager to lead our U.S. Benefits Team within our Employee Success organization to lead the end-to-end strategy and administration of our benefits and wellness programs. You will oversee the day-to-day operations of U.S. benefits, 401(k), wellness programs, and leave of absence management, as well as create and communicate new benefits and wellness offerings. The ideal candidate will have extensive experience with benefits insurance and leave administration, a genuine interest in benefit topics including health and welfare programs, state and federal laws pertaining to benefit administration, and retirement programs.
This role reports directly to the Chief People Officer. We are looking for someone that can think outside of the box and will drive creative benefits and wellness programs authentic to the needs of Veeva as we grow.
This is a remote role.
What You'll Do
- Manage and oversee all U.S. benefits plan designs and related processes, including medical, dental, vision, STD, LTD, Life, FSAs, etc
- Oversee FMLA and LOA administration process
- Primary point of contact for employees on all things benefits, 401k, LOA, and wellness
- Manage the Open Enrollment process, including plan renewals, leadership engagement, and employee communications
- Ensure our benefits remain competitive with the market and authentic to the needs of Veeva employees
- Manage the global charitable giving program, fitness reimbursements, EAP, and other global wellness offerings
- Create, implement, and sustain new wellness programs as needed
- Ensure employee benefits policies and records are up-to-date and compliant with Federal and State requirements
- Partner directly with insurance brokers and benefits carriers to maximize offerings to employees
- Partner with payroll, ES (HR) Business Partners, and insurance providers to ensure all programs and processes run smoothly
- 5+ years of experience in U.S. or global benefits, 401(k), and corporate wellness programs
- Understanding of current U.S. laws and regulations (ERISA, HIPAA, FMLA, PFL, and other benefit legislation)
- Experience working in the tech industry, or a similar fast-paced environment
- Ability to juggle multiple priorities at once with limited guidance from leadership
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Strong organizational and project management skills
- Strong Microsoft Office skills
- Experience working with benefits software systems or platforms
- Experience in progressively responsible roles with demonstrated leadership and interpersonal skills
Perks & Benefits
- Allocations for continuous learning & development
- Onsite gym with free fitness classes offered daily
- Flexible PTO policy
Veevas headquarters is located in the San Francisco Bay Area with offices in more than 15 countries around the world.
Veeva is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, national origin or ancestry, age, disability, marital status, pregnancy, protected veteran status, protected genetic information, political affiliation, or any other characteristics protected by local laws, regulations, or ordinances.