At some point youve probably attended a meeting, scheduled a meeting or missed a meeting. Maybe it was in a room, on video or over the phone. Then your meeting room gets stolen or you can't find one big enough for your team. Finding space and time to communicate can be so painful. The problem is easy to understand but difficult to solve. That's where Robin comes in. We build software that coordinates meeting spaces, people, and things in your workplace so you can get back to doing your best work.
Based in Boston, the DNA of our eclectic team shapes our culture in a way that means we can show up to work as our whole selves. Our values guide the way we treat our customers, our coworkers and our candidates. We are intentional with our words and actions. Were helpful. And at the end of the day, we're all united by the mission of modernizing the open office so that businesses (like HubSpot, Twitter and Bumble) are more enjoyable places to walk into each day, including our own.
As a Tech Lead, youll work with other talented front and backend engineers to create, scale, and deliver new features and services across web, android and ios applications.A great candidate will have a strong understanding of best practices for service-oriented architectures and big data systems. You should have experience working with a variety of languages, like Go, Java, Scala, and PHP. You should have experience mentoring teams and helping them iteratively plan, execute and improve.
Were currently expanding our product offerings, teams, and backend architecture. Help lead the team building out our new insights product and set the stage for machine learning driven functionality to be added into our products through out 2019.
Your background includes:
- 6+ years as an engineer at SaaS companies
- 2+ years leading a team
- Experience working at a dynamic agile start-up.
- Proven ability to coach, teach and foster team productivity & success.
- Expert knowledge in one or more backend languages including: Java, Go, PHP and JS (Node).
- Experience with data warehousing including tools like Snowflake, Elastic Search and Kafka
- Experience building and deploying analytics systems and services.
- Familiarity with front-end technologies like Angular and React.
Youll be successful if youre the type of engineer who:
- Focuses on delivery and results, not just building.
- Has a healthy amount of pragmatism, can evaluate tradeoffs, and can identify when introducing technical debt may have long-term compounding consequences.
- Understands that as a start-up, shipping great new features for our customers is critical to our success, and infrastructure work needs to be considerate of our product goals.
- We regularly contribute to open source community and encourage everyone on our team to do the same.
- We are a group of hard-working, self-managed developers.
- Were dedicated to learning, and we invest time in teaching and mentoring each other.
- We encourage frequent feedback from every person on the team.
- Were always looking to improve our codewe embrace the do it right mentality.
- We work with multiple technologies and languages, and are willing to pick up something new to get the job done.
Were creating the smart office of the future. Wed love to have you be a part of it.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We are ADA compliant and handicap accessible.
More Jobs From