The Personalization team makes deciding what to play next easier and more enjoyable for every listener. From Daily Mix to Discover Weekly, were behind some of Spotifys most-loved features. We built them by understanding the world of music and podcasts better than anyone else. Join us and youll keep millions of users listening by making great recommendations to each and every one of them.
We are looking for a Backend Engineer to join our mixed media listening experiences team. Here you will build distributed backend systems that advance the state of the art for blending music and other audio experiences (e.g., podcasts, news, history, sports, wellness, trivia, etc) that are personalized and adapt to changing listening habits. You will assume technical leadership of projects and champion technical and architectural perfection. You will also mentor other specialists to support them in their career growth.
What You'll Do
- Design, develop, test, deploy, maintain and improve the Java services that serve millions of users
- Drive designs of major software components, systems, and features within your squad and also cross teams
- Work closely with engineering and product managers in your team and across teams
- Be a key player in building a strong team with high quality output and build a culture of innovation
- Drive squad projects priorities, deadlines and work you're doing with your technical expertise
- Mentor and act as a role model for your team members in areas such as efficient design techniques, quality thinking during development and smart ways to deploy and supervise code
- Use your understanding of the product and our business goals to build proven and high quality solutions inline with our long-term strategy
- Challenge yourself to keep growing as a developer
- Hack on what you want during regular hack days and bi-annual hack weeks!
Who You Are
- Have at least 4 years of professional experience in software development.
- You have a good understanding of system design, data structures, and algorithms and understand how to apply them to craft pragmatic solutions
- You have experience building solutions based on microservice architecture.
- You care about quality and you know what it means to ship high quality code.
- You are a collaborative and a team-first player who sees the value in pairing and mobbing and can also work independently!
You are welcome at Spotify for who you are, no matter where you come from, what you look like, or whats playing in your headphones. Our platform is for everyone, and so is our workplace. The more voices we have represented and amplified in our business, the more we will all thrive, contribute, and be forward-thinking! So bring us your personal experience, your perspectives, and your background. Its in our differences that we will find the power to keep revolutionizing the way the world listens.
Spotify transformed music listening forever when we launched in 2008. Our mission is to unlock the potential of human creativity by giving a million creative artists the opportunity to live off their art and billions of fans the chance to enjoy and be passionate about these creators. Everything we do is driven by our love for music and podcasting. Today, we are the worlds most popular audio streaming subscription service with a community of more than 345 million users.