TRUX (www.truxnow.com) is a cloud-based construction logistics ecosystem used by some of the world’s largest heavy construction companies to find, dispatch, track, manage, and understand the resources that drive their day-to-day operations.
We're unleashing the power of mobile technology on the construction industry by building integrated, data-driven solutions to problems that construction companies face every day.
TRUX is looking for a Back End Engineer to help us expand and improve our back end systems. The ideal candidate loves to tackle tough problems, is constantly searching for elegant solutions, and strives for excellence.
What you’ll do:
- Build RESTful APIs that enable our Web and Mobile developers to create compelling new experiences for users
- Write Java code to build new features, applications, and services as we continue to expand our product offering
- Write professional, performant, high-quality code that will support a rapidly scaling business
- Collaborate with the Product team to understand our users and their needs
- Evolve our back-end infrastructure over time to introduce and use the latest and greatest new technologies
- Ask questions and think deeply about building solutions that support both our short-term and long-term goals
What you bring:
- BS degree or higher in Computer Science, Engineering or related field
- Solid software engineering and computer science fundamentals (data structures, algorithms, Object Oriented design, design patterns, etc.)
- Proficiency in Java and SQL
- Strong analytical skills, with excellent problem solving abilities
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- 3+ years professional experience in the full software development life cycle
- Experience working with REST-based APIs
No relocation available at this time - local candidates only! No agency submissions accepted at this time.