Office Tour Photos
B2B Sales Compensation Analytics Manager
The B2B Insights & Analytics (I&A) team manages the sustainable growth of the B2B Sales program with a focus on creating lasting relationships between customers and our Sales teams. We are comprised of data scientists, statisticians, economists, business analysts, and analytics engineers that have the shared goal of maximizing profitable, incremental sales revenue (i.e. the revenue directly attributable to sales agents that would not otherwise have been captured by Wayfair). To do so, we leverage Wayfairs vast data, technology, and people resources, collaborating with Sales, Marketing, Program Management, Sales Operations, Training & Communications, R&D (Product & Engineering), Data Science, Business Intelligence, Pricing, & Promotions to identify the highest value opportunities for investment. I&A are organized as 3 subteams: 1) Sales Program Insights & Analytics, 2) Sales Notifications Strategy & Operations, 3) B2B Data Platform Engineering & Analytics.
We are looking to add a Compensation Analytics Manager to the Sales Program I&A team. This team is responsible for measurement and optimization initiatives, identifying levers for maximizing incremental profit dollars through Sales engagement. We are looking for a thoughtful, quantitative, hypothesis-driven leader to help us use Sales compensation as a strategic lever to maximize business value by way of Customer Lifetime Value and Sales talent retention.
What You'll Do
- Work closely with Sales Operations Compensation team to partner on the effective design of compensation plans.
- Institute a Sales Compensation Plan model and simulation mechanism to ensure plan parameters safely maximize business value. This position is accountable to translate approved compensation plans into the incentive model to ensure proper calculations are established as defined.
- Provide objective compensation analytics to ensure compensation plans are delivering the desired behaviors and anticipated outcomes.
- Identify compensation metrics and KPIs for reporting and budgeting, and bring market best practices in-house.
- Conduct salary benchmarking and evaluate market/industry data to recommend modifications and/or changes to current salary structure and compensation plan by position business unit and location.
- Provide deeper sales performance and results analytics at the organizational, area, regional, and individual sales representative levels to identify how divergence in compensation design and behaviors impact the business, focusing on informative what if analyses to model the impact of alternative scenarios.
- Partner with Sales R&D (Product Mgmt & Engineering) and Data Science to identify areas for system-building to execute a test & learn strategy around identifying the right behaviors and incentive comp design that maximize value.
What You'll Need
- Experience driving high impact quantitative analysis leveraging SQL, Python, R, Excel, Looker, Tableau, Git version control, and/or other computational tools.
- Experience working with incomplete and dirty datasets and being involved with improving them in a meaningful way.
- High level of curiosity and a propensity for asking (and answering) questions that begin with Why.
- A passion for analytical work with a high bar for zero defect analysis.
- The ability to independently prioritize projects with a focus on business impact, and thrive in a fast-paced, complex work space.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills with a proven track record of coordinating effectively with cross functional partners in a large organization.
- The ability to effectively and clearly translate analytical results to a non-analytical audience.
Wayfair is one of the worlds largest online destinations for the home. Whether you work in our global headquarters in Boston or Berlin, or in our warehouses or offices throughout the world, were reinventing the way people shop for their homes. Through our commitment to industry-leading technology and creative problem-solving, we are confident that Wayfair will be home to the most rewarding work of your career. If youre looking for rapid growth, constant learning, and dynamic challenges, then youll find that amazing career opportunities are knocking.
No matter who you are, Wayfair is a place you can call home. Were a community of innovators, risk-takers, and trailblazers who celebrate our differences, and know that our unique perspectives make us stronger, smarter, and well-positioned for success. We value and rely on the collective voices of our employees, customers, community, and suppliers to help guide us as we build a better Wayfair and world for all. Every voice, every perspective matters. Thats why were proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship status, marital status, disability, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, or genetic information.
More Jobs From