Photo Stylist (Boston, MA)
Were looking for a highly driven and motivated Photo Stylist to join our growing 3D Visualization team. We are a creative and technical team that produces compelling interior and product images for our brands in a way thats never been done before. We take the technical aspect one step further and ask our stylists to create all of their scenes in advanced 3D Software. Dont worry if youre not already a 3D expertif you have styling ambition and the technical aptitude, we can teach you the tools!
If you're looking for a full time creative role where you can learn the latest in imagery and interior styling technology, this job is for you!
Who You Are
- You have a superb eye for style, visual composition and attention to detail.
- Youre a self-starter able to move forward with or without specific art direction.
- Youre able to work from a defined shot list, interpret tear sheets, and conceptualize your own inspiring vision for each shot.
- You can recognize trends in home dcor markets across various styles. Always pivoting to cater to our diversified customer base.
- You actively seek opportunities to increase knowledge of styling and dcor.
- You are a strong collaborator and have the ability to work with (and across) many teams.
What Youll Need
- Professional experience working with creative and editorial departments
- An online portfolio that demonstrates expertise in applied styling techniques
- Technical aptitude; experience with Photoshop, Sketch Up, Illustrator is a plus
- An understanding of camera placement and how it pertains to final imagery
What Youll Do
- Produce high volume imagery for our exclusive and lifestyle brands for end-use including eCommerce, mobile applications, video and social media platforms.
- Meet goals and manage deadlines effectively; independently manage time and goals efficiently per bi-weekly assignments.
- Collaborate cross functionally with multiple teams including 3D Artists, Art Directors, Producers and other Stylists in an effort to meet business objectives.
- Select appropriate props for multiple brands while selecting compelling architecture per scene.
- Determine the camera angle which best showcases SKU attributes.
- Reference brand-books and create inspiring product imagery across multiple brands.
- Keep each brand identity in mind through imagery creation while staying abreast of market trends.
- Actively participate in monthly style meetings and critiques.
- Stretch between 2D and 3D styling platforms.
About Wayfair Inc.
Wayfair is one of the worlds largest online destinations for the home. Whether you work in our global headquarters in Boston or Berlin, or in our warehouses or offices throughout the world, were reinventing the way people shop for their homes. Through our commitment to industry-leading technology and creative problem-solving, we are confident that Wayfair will be home to the most rewarding work of your career. If youre looking for rapid growth, constant learning, and dynamic challenges, then youll find that amazing career opportunities are knocking.
No matter who you are, Wayfair is a place you can call home. Were a community of innovators, risk-takers, and trailblazers who celebrate our differences, and know that our unique perspectives make us stronger, smarter, and well-positioned for success. We value and rely on the collective voices of our employees, customers, community, and suppliers to help guide us as we build a better Wayfair and world for all. Every voice, every perspective matters. Thats why were proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship status, marital status, disability, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, or genetic information.