Office Tour Photos
At Wellframe, we reimagine healthcare relationships through a new approach that uses high-tech to deliver the high-touch support people need, when and where they need it. We call it Digital Health Management. Our comprehensive suite of Digital Health Management solutions for care management, advocacy, and navigation help organizations forge more meaningful connections with members, across their healthcare journey.
Wellframe was founded to counter a pressing industry problem: the healthcare system has struggled to find ways to support people in between care settings, at scale. We believe health plans are in the best position to advocate for their members as they navigate their health and care, but know that technology alone cant help us achieve this ambition. Thats why our team of physicians, clinicians, public health experts, data scientists, engineers, and healthcare industry experts ensure our patented technology works in service of the person-to-person connections that make healthcare work best.
The Associate Software Engineer is responsible for building the software that enables our digital care management platform. They accomplish this by working closely with other engineers, product managers, designers and data scientists. The Associate Software Engineer sits within the Engineering department and reports to a Manager, Software Engineering. Success in this role is demonstrated by translating business requirements that have an impact on patient care into high quality solutions coded with security and privacy best practices in mind.
The Care management team uses technology to improve care manager adoption and deploy complex care teams. The team is seeking a passionate and a curious engineer who has the ability to collaborate across teams, and can display humility and tenacity in their day to day tasks. The candidate will get an opportunity to work in healthcare technology and see how we improve care management.
Areas of Responsibility:
Translate user stories into software solutions (75%)
- Work closely with product managers and scrum masters to understand the business problems.
- Collaborate with designers to ensure we deliver the optimal user experience.
- Work with senior engineers to validate approach.
- Write automated tests to ensure code is of the highest quality.
Debug and fix production issues (25%)
- Work with our customer support team to debug and fix issues affecting our users.
Education, Experience, & Skills Required:
- A B.S. or M.S. degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or a closely related field of study.
- Proficient in Java or Rails. Experienced with backend frameworks such as Spring or Ruby on Rails.
- Proficient with a modern scripting language such as Python.
- Makes good trade-offs for core design and API decisions knows when to stick to convention, but also when to break it.
- Excellent communicator, comfortable explaining technical problems and plans in person and in writing.
- Values the difference between good code and correct code, and cares about test-driven development without dogma.
- Thrives on diverse technical challenges our system integrates a wide variety of healthcare and other technologies.
- Passionate about leveraging their technical skills to help improve patient care.
- Works effectively in fast-paced, agile startup environment, and finds fulfillment delivering innovative solutions.
Wellframe, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by local, state, or federal laws, rules, or regulations.
This posting is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee and any percentages listed are approximate. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change or new ones may be assigned at any time with or without notice.
More Jobs From