Would you like to join CVS Health, one of Fortune's Most Admired Companies, as part of our diverse Digital team? CVS Health is embarking on a bold agenda to transform health care and empower millions of customers on their path to better health. We are looking for passionate, driven people who want to join a high-energy, growing team to make a difference in peoples lives. You will be in on the ground floor of innovation that aims to reinvent the health care experience.
At CVS Health, the Digital Design team creates easy, accessible, and seamless experiences for our customers on our digital healthcare, pharmacy and retail platforms. Achieving this goal requires collaboration with teams of UX and UI designers, researchers, content strategists, engineers, and managers from product and marketing throughout the design process from strategy to pixel-perfect design. At each stage, you will advocate for our customers and ensure that the final product meets user needs.
The Associate Senior Manager, Content Strategy, should be an experienced, well-rounded senior content strategist who can solve complex business challenges on large-scale initiatives while being an advocate of the user and managing the careers of more junior colleagues. You will:
- Lead, inspire and coach a team of content strategists responsible for delivering effective content solutions for our digital retail experiences
- Improve team quality, efficiency, effectiveness and morale
- Develop new processes and deliverables as necessary
- Execute on content strategy in support of larger organizational goals and objectives
- Lead design reviews and confidently communicate decision-making rationale to team members and stakeholders at all levels of the organization
- Oversee the proper usage of voice and tone
- Work with cross-functional team leadership to source or create the right content, understand user behaviors, meet WCAG guidelines and develop accessible, on-brand experiences that educate and motivate our customers and patients.
- 6+ years in content strategy
- Experience working with usability testing, taxonomy, design systems, content management systems, information architects and/or accessibility professionals
- 1+ years managing content strategy or UX writing teams, or 2+ years managing writers
- Has successfully led content strategy efforts in a workstream or portfolio
- Has specialized in two or more content strategy core competencies
- Deep familiarity with brand voice and tone guidelines
- Familiar with agile software development methodologies and can successfully advocate for content strategy efforts around pre-planning and planning.
- Experience coaching and mentoring team members
- Experience building relationships with leaders across business units and functions
- Ability to mentor and manage 2-6 direct reports
- Desirable: deep experience writing and developing strategies for retail e-commerce
- Desirable: deep experience writing and developing strategies for B2C or B2B products
- Enterprise experience preferred
- Experience with Airtable, Sketch, InVision, Miro, Rally.
- Experience or exposure to Web Content Accessibility Guidelines (WCAG) accessibility and writing for grade level and other regulatory constraints.
- Knowledge of enterprise content management systems such as Adobe Experience Manager, Contentful, ATG, Nuxeo or other.
Bachelor's degree in communication, English, journalism or similar preferred. Certifications in UX, IA or Human-centered design also desirable.
At CVS Health, we are joined in a common purpose: helping people on their path to better health. We are working to transform health care through innovations that make quality care more accessible, easier to use, less expensive and patient-focused. Working together and organizing around the individual, we are pioneering a new approach to total health that puts people at the heart.
We strive to promote and sustain a culture of diversity, inclusion and belonging every day. CVS Health is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. We do not discriminate in recruiting, hiring or promotion based on race, ethnicity, sex/gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability or protected veteran status or on any other basis or characteristic prohibited by applicable federal, state, or local law. We proudly support and encourage people with military experience (active, veterans, reservists and National Guard) as well as military spouses to apply for CVS Health job opportunities.