Associate Product Manager, Data Core
We are a rapidly growing company thats revolutionizing the way the restaurant industry does business by pairing technology with an unrivaled commitment to customer success. We help restaurants streamline operations, increase revenue, and deliver amazing guest experiences through our platform that combines restaurant point of sale, guest-facing technology, and award-winning customer support. As a Toaster, you will be challenged to take on meaningful projects that will help shape the future of the company. Join us as we empower the restaurant community to delight guests, do what they love, and thrive.
Central to this vision is a strong Data Platform team that sits at the nexus of the needs of our internal software teams, our partners and our customers. We envision a world in which our Data Platform will become a strong point of differentiation for Toast.
As the Associate Product Manager of Core Data Platform you will work hand-in-hand with Product Managers, Product Designers, and Engineers to steer and guide the process of developing new and improved products and services from conception to launch. Your focus will be on the creation of core data infrastructure that will support our strategic vision and the needs of our partners & customers. As such, you will be asked to discuss, document and lead technical discussions about how data moves around the organization.
As a member of the Platform Product Management team, you will interface leaders in the Engineering, Product Management, Restaurant Success Management, and Support teams to gather feedback on enhancements, defects, and usability in order to inform and inspire how to support Toasts growth through Platform initiatives to enhance scalability, efficiency, and quality.
As an Associate Product Manager you will:
- Learn the Toast platform and become an expert in your space
- Learn the Toast data ecosystem at a detailed level. Become to the SME for how data moves around Toast.
- Write technical user stories, collaborate and communicate feature requests to Engineering teams in a fast paced, agile environment
- Support the Product Manager and Engineering Team Lead with agile development processes, such as grooming, sprint planning, retrospectives, etc.
- Partner with our Technical Design Lead to document and champion projects that will further our data platform architecture.
- Work with the Documentation, Training, and Enablement teams to accurately communicate product updates to internal teams and customers
- Communicate with stakeholders regarding product and services feedback, feature requests, and gathering customer requirement
- Analyze and track key performance indicators of existing and new features to evaluate usefulness to the customer
Do you have the right ingredients?
- Strong understanding of data engineering and data warehousing theory. You dont have to code it but you need to understand it well.
- Professional experience as part of a data-driven team.
- Strong analytical skill set. Very comfortable querying tables and diving into data analysis.
- No formal product experience required, but 2+ years preferred
- Experience translating customer needs/feature requests into detailed technical specifications
- Creative problem solver with strong analytical abilities
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Ability to build interpersonal relationships with many different types of people and personalities
- Proven time management and organization skills. Must be able to prioritize workload and meet deadlines.
- Professional experience as an analyst or business intelligence developer is a plus.
- Knowledge of restaurant and hospitality industry is a plus.