Agile ... Scrum ... Product Owner ... Do these words resonate with you? Can you help us maximize the value of the product resulting from the work of the Dev Team? If so, you could be a fit for Rave's Product Management team.
As an Associate Product Manager, you will work cross-functionally across our organization and interact with customers, prospective customers and end users. You will conceptualize, design, and monitor the delivery of new and existing features while staying abreast of market and technology trends. Working within Raves tight-knit product team, you will learn and grow continuously as you advocate for our products and customers across all Raves departments. We need someone who is results-oriented, self-motivated and is excited to focus on further evolving our product platform. The right candidate will apply and develop their skills in an exciting, fast-paced entrepreneurial environment.
It is rare to work at a company where you can help make a difference, even help save a life, and feel a sense of pride and accomplishment in your work. Here at Rave Mobile Safety, you will have that opportunity. Our suite of products are designed to foster quick, relevant, and actionable communication during times of high stress. Keeping people safe is our business.
What Youll Do:
- Track business needs; create written and visual product specifications to address the highest priority needs.
- Support the Agile development team as Product Owner through execution and deployment.
- Develop empathy for Raves users, and apply this knowledge to the product development process.
- Support a cross-functional development environment by negotiating and communicating changes in priority, scope, and timeline.
- Act as an intermediary between Customer Success, Customer Support, and Engineering to clarify issues and develop solutions.
- Work with Raves User Experience experts to ensure implemented features meet Rave style guides and uphold Raves reputation for usability excellence.
- Contribute to product documentation and training materials. Support the development of marketing materials.
- Become a subject matter expert for Raves products and features.
- Develop understanding of public safetys needs and how our solutions can fulfill them.
- Monitor and critically analyze how Rave technologies are used, in order to reduce friction and support customers in their mission.
- Support product teammates on projects not directly under your control.
Who You Are:
- 1-3 years experience in application product management, software delivery, or equivalent experience in a tech environment
- Passion for excellence and track record of high productivity
- Demonstrated creative and problem-solving skills
- Ability to thrive in ambiguity and make qualitative judgments based on available information
- Willingness to make and admit mistakes and to course-correct accordingly
- Exceptional written and verbal communications skills
- Ability to communicate effectively with both technical and non-technical audiences
- Demonstrated ability to exert influence and deliver results without having direct control over all participants
- Exceptional organizational skills; attention to detail a must
- Flexibility for occasional travel in support of customer and industry events
- Passion for the mission of public safety
Above and Beyond:
- Experience as a Product Owner for Agile development teams
- Bachelors degree, with a preference for a degree in a technology-related field
- UI design experience, including the ability to develop high-fidelity mockups and document style requirements for implementation
- Fluency in common reporting and software development tools: Atlassian Suite (Jira, Confluence), web and mobile app analysis tools such as Google Analytics or equivalents
- Public safety or telecommunications industry experience
Why you'll love it here:
- We build a very important product that has serious, life-saving implications but we don't take ourselves too seriously!
- Competitive base salary
- Ongoing training and coaching for career development
- Comprehensive medical, dental and vision coverage with significant company contribution
- Long and Short Term Disability
- 401K retirement savings program
- Employee Assistance Program
- Extremely generous paid time off
- On-site gym
- Pet Insurance
- Flexible hours
- Lively culture including happy hours, free lunch twice per month, company outings and more
Rave Mobile Safety is an Equal Opportunity Employer and utilizes the E-Verify Employment Eligibility Verification process
More Jobs From