Office Tour Photos
About Your team
O'Reilly Media is looking to bring on a passionate and deeply curious Associate Product Manager to help define and build out our product offering that focuses on hands-on interactive learning for our developer audience. Join our growing product team as we continue to improve our SaaS platform, helping over 2.5M professionals learn by doing.
About the Job
Reporting to the Director of Product, this Associate Product Manager role gives you the opportunity to help define and execute against our interactive roadmap across a variety of product lines. Working closely with a new team dedicated to integrating our recently acquired live coding technology with our OReilly Learning Platform, as well as supporting a standalone product Katacoda.com, rapidly expanding to support the shift to virtual learning and product demo needs in the market. By balancing customer feedback, white-glove support, and product development best practices youll help realize the vision of our developing product portfolio. We always put the customer and the user experience first, as we identify new ways to enhance the developer experience in learning complex technologies and domains like Kubernetes and Docker. Leveraging the most effective research and data gathering methodologies, youll work with your team to define and execute on key features and new capabilities for our learners.
- Deep dive into our learning product offering and all our customers - this includes OReilly Learning and Katacoda.com
- Work closely with the Director of Product for mentorship and to understand the broader business vision and product strategy.
- Rapidly break down objectives into plans with specific, actionable steps.
- Work with engineering and design to define feature work, and help oversee the execution of that work through design, development, launch, and go-to-market activities.
- Identify KPIs in the space to measure and drive your efforts forward, not afraid to get into the data.
- Recognize when software is only one aspect of a great solution and work with business stakeholders to apply marketing and operations levers in delivering business results.
- Facilitate trade-off discussions between different stakeholders: marketing, research, engineering, design, etc.
- Work closely with a Project Manager and help lead scrum ceremonies such as grooming, sprint planning, demos, and retrospectives.
- Collaborate with Product Designers to generate and test hypotheses, establish design direction, and create ideal user experiences.
- Work with the product marketing team to understand the competitive landscape, and where the biggest opportunities lie.
- Manage internal and external customer feedback to understand the Voice of the Customer including monitoring, responding to, and making actionable roadmap recommendations on the feedback.
- Develop relationships with all new and existing customers leveraging Katacoda technology, in partnership with our Customer Success team, so that we can continue to develop and form a deep connection with our new user community and emerging markets
- Youre deeply curious, always looking to learn and improve.
- You have a bias toward action.
- Youre able to synthesize information, form a hypothesis, and defend it against scrutiny.
- You deeply empathize with our customers who are life-long learners and building technical skills.
- Youre able to communicate clearly in whatever way the situation calls for in writing, with visuals and data, and in person.
- Youre able to balance customer needs with company vision.
- Youre able to put our operating principles into practice, and draw from them as a source of inspiration and guidance.
- Strong familiarity with SaaS operational processes and enterprise structure
- Ability to manage difficult customer relationships, work with sales, and manage expectations by creating clear communication
- Exposure and familiarity with the product development process
- Demonstrated ability or capability to lead customer discovery efforts, including ideating, prototyping, testing, and iterating on solutions with customers
- Basic working knowledge of scrum development methods required.
- Bachelors Degree required or equivalent experience.
- SaaS product development experience preferred but not required.
- Interest and awareness of the latest developer trends and technologies.
OReillys mission is to change the world by sharing the knowledge of innovators. For over 40 years, weve inspired companies and individuals to do new thingsand do things betterby providing them with the skills and understanding thats necessary for success.
At the heart of our business is a unique network of experts and innovators who share their knowledge through us. OReilly online learning offers exclusive live training, interactive learning, a certification experience, books, videos, and more, making it easier for our customers to develop the expertise they need to get ahead. And our books have been heralded for decades as the definitive place to learn about the technologies that are shaping the future. Everything we do is to help professionals from a variety of fields learn best practices and discover emerging trends that will shape the future of the tech industry.
Our customers are hungry to build the innovations that propel the world forward. And we help you do just that.
More Jobs From