iRobot is currently seeking an associate optical-mechanical (optomechanical; opto-mechanical) engineer who is willing to apply their knowledge and experience in designing, testing, developing, and analyzing optical components and assembly.
You may be involved in various tasks, including measurement and data analysis using optical test equipment, building test setup, design, and simulation of opto-mechanical subassemblies.
The ideal candidate has experience in optical laboratory and optical component integration with competency and accuracy.
What You Will Do :
- Design and integration of optical & mechanical assemblies with competency and accuracy lens, sensor, LED, light guide pipe, diffusers, etc.
- Perform root cause analysis for design, manufacturing, or operations issues
- Perform ray-tracing optical simulation with CAD model (Creo or Solidworks)
- Work on characterization and analysis for plastic resins
- Provide measurements and data analysis using optical metrology and analysis tools
- Build custom measurements setups
- Lab equipment maintenance test equipment calibration, lab space clean and safe
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships within the department. Interact appropriately with others to maintain a positive and productive work environment
- Perform other duties as necessary
To Be Successful You Will Have (Skills Needed):
- Bachelors Degree or higher is required Degree in Optical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Physics or related field
- Mechanical/Electronic aptitude for working with opto-mechanical/electro-optical hardware.
- Strong CAD skillset (Creo, SolidWorks), with complex surface modeling skill
- Experience with optical design software (prefer LightTools) would be helpful
- Ability to develop, analyze, and verify optical component
- Strong collaboration skills and demonstrated ability to work with many different disciplines
- Knowledgeable in the use of Microsoft Office tools, including Excel, Word, and Powerpoint
- High energy, technically challenging, and rewarding team environment
- Modern office, with cafeteria, gym, and free electric car charging.
- State-of-the-art on-site rapid prototyping, machine shop and test lab capabilities.
- Minimal domestic travel required. Overseas travel to Hong Kong and adjacent China mainland occasionally (one to three times per year, typically one week at a time), with more frequent travel to Far East required when approaching a complex production start.