Office Tour Photos
Merchant Exclusive Brands
Who We Are Exclusive Brands
Wayfair offers a wide variety of furniture and home decor to meet the needs of our diverse customer base. With such an extensive catalog, customers can struggle to visualize their styles, how products bought online will go together, and how these products will contribute to their homes aesthetics, causing them to lack confidence to purchase. Exclusive Brands (EB) solves this customer problem by building great brands for the mass marketplace, helping the Wayfair customer find what they are looking for and building brand affinity over time. These brands are carefully curated and sold exclusively on Wayfair.com. Theyre known for their exclusive hand-curated assortment, beautiful photography, compelling creative, competitive pricing, and well-merchandised site treatment.
What Youll Do
Wayfairs Exclusive Brands team is looking to hire a Merchant to drive a product strategy to support the development of several brands for their category. These brands combine Wayfairs highly practical & deeply analytical DNA with inspirational photography and merchandising best practices to further differentiate Wayfair from our competitors.
In this role, the Merchant will be responsible for contributing to the growth of our brands through curation and supplier partnership. Daily responsibilities include overseeing the business of 1-2 key categories, owning product assortment selection, curating new products, managing category assortment plans, partnering with suppliers, and aligning with internal teams on brand development strategies. This role provides significant exposure to one of Wayfairs strategic initiatives. Top performers will have a chance to progress their career further within the proprietary offering organization.
Our successful Exclusive Brands Merchants are driven, tenacious, and have an equal passion for both business and process. They balance the art of building an aesthetically pleasing brand assortment with the science of using data to drive decision making. Merchants must be expert multi-taskers, have an acute focus on detail and an eye for style, and manage their workload in a highly organized way.
- Manage and curate the product assortment for 1-2 key categories across Wayfairs new and existing private label brands for merchandising launches and relaunches on Wayfair.com
- Drive a strategic merchandising plan and category strategy to achieve revenue, conversion, and profitability goals leveraging product instinct, sales/conversion data, and marketplace trends
- Oversee a portfolio of suppliers to create strategies for program growth, and drive negotiation results in collaboration with cross-functional teams attending trade shows ~2x/year
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams such as Category Management and Promotions effectively to realize deadlines and contribute to overall business strategy
- Forge and expand strong internal relationships with cross-functional teams such as Specialty Retail Brands (AllModern, Birch Lane, Joss & Main), Category Management, and Site Merchandising to contribute to the overall business strategy
- Identify assortment gaps in Wayfairs catalog within the exclusive brands; work with strategic supplier partners to fill those gaps
- Develop and maintain industry knowledge; stay on top of category and market trends
What Youll Need
- The ability to think both creatively and critically; youre willing to think outside the box while also fairly evaluating all solutions in making strategic decisions.
- Goal oriented self-starter able to stay highly organized and juggle many projects at different stages of development
- Eye for style; natural instincts for recognizing visually compelling furniture and dcor assortment
- Savvy, quick thinking and comfortable in a dynamic, fast paced environment
- Effective oral and written communication skills with the ability to persuasively negotiate and tailor communication style based on the audience
- Track record of success in group settings and independently; developing relationships with stakeholders, working collaboratively, and leveraging influence to drive initiatives
- Excel proficiency a must, familiarity with SQL a plus
- 1+ years of work experience; background in retail or merchandising preferred
Who We Are (Wayfair)
Wayfair is one of the worlds largest online destinations for the home. Whether you work in our global headquarters in Boston or Berlin, or in our warehouses or offices throughout the world, were reinventing the way people shop for their homes. Through our commitment to industry-leading technology and creative problem-solving, we are confident that Wayfair will be home to the most rewarding work of your career. If youre looking for rapid growth, constant learning, and dynamic challenges, then youll find that amazing career opportunities are knocking.
No matter who you are, Wayfair is a place you can call home. Were a community of innovators, risk-takers, and trailblazers who celebrate our differences, and know that our unique perspectives make us stronger, smarter, and well-positioned for success. We value and rely on the collective voices of our employees, customers, community, and suppliers to help guide us as we build a better Wayfair and world for all. Every voice, every perspective matters. Thats why were proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship status, marital status, disability, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, or genetic information.
More Jobs From