Associate Marketing Account Manager
Account management sits at the intersection of marketing strategy and creativity. Account people not only have to appreciate great creative, they need to champion it. Associate Marketing Account Managers support large scale creative work (digital and print) from inception to completion across one or more portfolios.
- Lead project kick off calls, reviewing briefs and creating schedules, reviews and routes creative, presenting work to clients, and release projects to manufacturing with a clear understanding of the production process.
- Ensure that all projects meet deadlines and creative expectations by coordinating collaboration across the agency’s teams, including copywriting and design.
- Partner with the design team to deliver innovative, high quality work on strategy and within budget and timing parameters, ensuring work meets agency standards.
- Offer some copywriting and copyediting support for minor efforts, once messaging is finalized.
- Proactively communicate workload and any issues to Manager, Marketing Account Management, offering recommendations to meet client expectations
Build and maintain a solid relationship with product marketing clients to understand their goals and meet deadlines.
Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree
- 2+ years of Project Management experience required
Knowledge and Skills
- High attention to detail
- Strong client-service orientation
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Strong decision making skills: find solutions quickly and with confidence
- Comfortable being a change agent to elevate the status quo
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Office.
- Might be in a stationary position for a considerable time (sitting and/or standing) for 4+ hours.
- The person in this position needs to move about inside the office to access file cabinets, office machinery, etc.
- Constantly operates a computer and other office productivity machinery, such as a calculator, copy machine, and computer printer.
- Must be able to collaborate with colleagues via face to face, conference calls, and online meetings.
Houghton Mifflin Harcourt (NASDAQ:HMHC) is a global learning company dedicated to changing people’s lives by fostering passionate, curious learners. As a leading provider of pre-K–12 education content, services, and cutting-edge technology solutions across a variety of media, HMH enables learning in a changing landscape. HMH is uniquely positioned to create engaging and effective educational content and experiences from early childhood to beyond the classroom. HMH serves more than 50 million students in over 150 countries worldwide, while its award-winning children's books, novels, non-fiction, and reference titles are enjoyed by readers throughout the world.
For more information, visit http://careers.hmhco.com
Houghton Mifflin Harcourt is an equal employment opportunity employer and participates in E-Verify. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of gender, race/ethnicity, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, or other protected group status.