Associate - Finance & Business Operations
The Finance & Business Operations team serves as a Strategy and Finance partner for WeWork’s on-the-ground Territory Leadership Team, which includes the General Manager, Sales Managers, and Directors of Operations spanning several major cities in the Northeast and Mid-Atlantic Territories. This team, which is based in Boston, also has the unique benefit of working across functions company-wide to coordinate local initiatives with global efforts.
The Finance & Business Operations Associate will report to the Senior Manager of Finance & Business Operations and will play an instrumental role in supporting strategic decision-making at the local level with data-driven insights, while helping to refine key business processes internally to help WeWork achieve sustainable growth and profitability at a scale few businesses have ever achieved. If a front-row seat in helping to drive a business at hyper growth and massive scale excites you, look no further and buckle up.
- Strategy: Serve as a trusted, strategic finance partner to our leadership team in the areas of capital spend, ROI, operational efficiency, revenue growth, and profitability and help define and develop the region’s 3-5 year operating plan.
- Analytics: Serve as the analytics hub of the Territory to advise leadership of the impact of business decisions and opportunities for financial improvement. You will collaborate across the organization, especially with our regional teams based in NYC, which includes analysts in real estate, sales, marketing, pricing, and operations.
- Planning: Serve as a key stakeholder in the development of the territory’s annual operating plan, budgeting, forecasting, and review.
- Reporting: Provide visibility, governance and timely reporting of financials and key performance indicators (KPIs).
- Capital: Serve as a steward of capital by identifying opportunities to drive higher returns and ensure the consistent and universal application of strategic, ROI-based decision-making.
- Leadership: You will live the mission and values of WeWork at all time and model the leadership behaviors you expect to see in your territory.
- Scale: Identify and champion process improvements to ensure scalability of financial operations
- Bachelor’s Degree in Finance, Economics, or other quantitative field
- 2-5 years of experience in a rigorous analytical role - defining analytical/ research projects, analyzing data, modeling, and generating practical insights and recommendations (Consulting, Investment Banking, or related experience at a high-growth company preferred)
- Highly-proficient in Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint
- Resourceful and relentless. Combines creativity, problem-solving skills, interpersonal skills, and a can-do attitude to seek information, corral resources, overcome obstacles and meet tight deadlines
- Knowledge of Workday Financials and/or Essbase a plus
- Inspired - We do what we love and are connected to something greater than ourselves.
- Entrepreneurial - We are creators, leaders, and self-starters. We try new things, we challenge convention, and we’re not afraid to fail.
- Tenacious - We never settle. We get shit done and we get it done well. Be persistent and knock down walls–literally if you have to. You have our permission.
- Authentic - We are genuine to our brand, mission, and values. We're not perfect, and we don't pretend to be. We are always honest and as transparent as we can be.
- Grateful - We are grateful for each other, our members, and to be part of this movement. We don't take success for granted. We’re happy to be alive.
- Together - We are in this together. This is a team effort. We always look out for one another. We have empathy, we know we're all human, and know we can’t do any of this alone.