iRobot Corporation is seeking a passionate Associate Electrical Engineer to join our high-performing Electrical Engineering Department.
The Associate Electrical Engineer will provide Electrical Engineering support to program teams engaged in the development and sustainment of robotic systems. The ideal candidate will have incredible organizational skills and will be experienced in all facets of printed circuit board assembly, testing, and troubleshooting.
The candidate will perform their duties under limited supervision, working from drawings, diagrams, and verbal direction. The successful candidate will have an unwavering desire to deliver quality work at a reasonable pace.
What You Will Do :
- Assemble, disassemble, troubleshoot, repair and track robots and charging docks through all phases of product development.
- Perform the assembly, and repair of complex printed circuit board assemblies and wiring harnesses.
- Set up and operate test equipment to evaluate the performance of developmental parts, assemblies, or systems under simulated operating conditions, and record results.
- Collaborate with engineers and other personnel to identify, define, and solve problems.
- Provide engineering support for troubleshooting production issues and RMA disposition and repairs as well as design and development support of products.
- Installation and execution of utility/debugging software and firmware.
- Interpret engineering drawings to complete assembly tasks.
- Review designs or specifications for completeness, accuracy, adequacy, and compliance with company and/or customer specifications.
- Take detailed and accurate notes on configuration of experiments, data, deviation from expected results and changes to the product baseline as they occur.
- Maintain an orderly work environment, including soldering work stations, component inventory, and tools.
- Troubleshoot circuit boards down to the component level.
- Prioritize work across competing and simultaneous projects to ensure internal customers demands are met.
- Develop and execute various design verification activities on complex circuit boards.
To Be Successful You Will Have:
- Bachelors Degree in Electrical Engineering
- Minimum 1 3 year of related experience working in a fast-paced engineering development environment
- Excellent bread-boarding and prototyping skills
- Experienced with Electrical Engineering lab equipment: Oscilloscope, Digital Multimeter and Power Supplies
- Solid technical writing and communication skills
Desired Skills And Experience:
- Experience with EE CAD tools, Altium Designer preferred
- Experience with PCB layout
- Proficient with MS Office products: Word, Outlook, Excel, Visio, PowerPoint
- Intro-level software programming skills, Python preferred
- Ability to multi-task between different projects and internal customers
- Strong mechanical aptitude
- Assembly and re-work of fine pitch surface mount devices
- Familiarity with consumer product development
- Demonstrated and working knowledge of IPC standards for soldering and cable assembly