TripAdvisors growing Research team seeks an experienced researcher to work directly on projects that impact the companys key Core Experience product initiatives as an embedded member of a cross-functional team. Research projects will range from exploratory to evaluative, from surveys to usability testing.
Through rigorous research, the Lead Researcher will be responsible for bringing the user experience (attitudes, opinions, and behaviors) into the product development process. The Lead Researcher will be the ultimate user advocate as a member of a cross-functional team working to improve the holistic TripAdvisor site experience.
For this position, we are looking foran understanding of survey design and basic survey analysis. Responsibilities include: conducting usability studies (both moderated and unmoderated), designing and fielding surveys, designing click-tests/other fast forms of user feedback, and partnering with external research vendors.
The right candidate will be: experienced in qualitative methods such as in-depth interviewing and usability testing, experienced with designing surveys and basic survey analysis, passionate about research and travel, comfortable in a fast moving organization, and excited to collaborate with various research partners. Experience working with social media products is a plus.
Specific responsibilities include:
- Identify and optimize key opportunities to develop user insights and influence customer behavior to drive towards TripAdvisors goals
- Define research strategy and manage projects across a variety of methodologies
- Design from scratch and conduct qualitative studies (usability studies, click-tests etc.), analyze data, and share findings
- Create and field surveys, analyze responses, and report findings
- Maintain ongoing research initiatives including projects with external research vendors
- Communicate research findings internally in clear and compelling ways
- Work cross-functionally with design, marketing, and product management leadership
- Minimum BA/BS degree in psychology, communication, statistics or other related field
- Advanced degree in HCI or other behavioral or social sciences a plus
- 7+ years of professional applied research experience
- Extensive experience with qualitative research methods
- Understanding of quantitative research methods (e.g. surveying) and basic statistics
- Experience working with social media and/or social network sites a plus
- Detail oriented and able to manage multiple projects simultaneously
- Ability to present clear results
- Ability to ask, and answer, meaningful and impactful questions
- Clear communicator
More Jobs From