Associate Director - Supply Chain Analytics
Who We Are:
The Product Performance Analytics team is a growing vertical within our Supply Chain Analytics department. This team is a go-to source for the analytics needs of the Wayfair Operations group, which is rapidly growing Wayfairs asset-based supply chain capabilities. This group is particularly focused on identifying key opportunities to reduce incidences of financial loss through advanced modeling and analysis techniques while also developing and executing on a broader strategy to ensure continuous improvement.
What you will do:
- Partner with business stakeholders to define and prioritize opportunities, identify interdependencies between key business drivers, and communicate how an analytical approach can contribute to an overall business strategy or solution
- Translate high-leveland sometimes ambiguousbusiness challenges into specific workstreams that can be tackled using data-driven analyses and work with stakeholders to get buy-in on the anticipated approach and timelines
- Build and lead multiple teams of analysts to successfully complete deliverables with high standards of quality, timeliness, and rigor to build and maintain the trust of our internal stakeholders
- Help synthesize analytical results and coach teams on presenting insights with a clear point of view and storyline to enable fact-based decision-making within the business
- Guide other managers and analysts as they develop skills across all aspects of the project lifecycle including project scoping, application of analytical and modeling techniques, communication, and implementation
- Apply an impact-focused, entrepreneurial lens to proactively identify, develop, and implement business and process improvement initiatives that capture cost and/or service benefits across all aspects Wayfairs supply chain
- Develop and execute on an inbound forecasting strategy to reduce millions of dollars in revenue loss due to returned and damaged products while also monitoring existing products against supplier compliance initiatives through key KIPs and flagging to our supplier facing teams.
- Leverage times series, heuristic and simulation models to build out a large parcel operational forecast, which includes order source, destination, and estimated time of arrival at different nodes in our Wayfair Delivery Network.
- Build a nationwide carrier portfolio optimization model that considers cost and transit time tradeoffs to determine the most efficient and profitable distribution plan for 10M+ shipments to customers per year using 3rdparty carriers
What Youll Need:
- MBA or MS in Mathematics, Industrial Engineering, Operations Research, Economics, Statistics or other concentrations with a heavy quantitative focus preferred.
- At least 8+ years of experience in an analytical or consulting role, preferably with supply chain or logistics experience including experience completing analytical projects and presenting actionable insights to senior leaders
- 5+ years of experience building and leading multi-person teams to successfully complete complex, analytics-based projects
- Hands-on experience using analytical tools and techniques to solve complex business problems, including proficiency using SQL, R, Python, or other languages on large datasets. Experience using supply chain tools such as Llamasoft or JDA is also highly desired.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills to work with both technical and business-oriented stakeholders and cross-functional teams across all aspects of the project lifecycle
- Experience presenting to and engaging with senior and executive leadership.
- Proven and measurable success leading and executing on key analytics-based business initiatives.